For sale - Carver m500t Mark II

Dennis Miller - one of the premier approved technicians did the Mark II mods to this beautiful amp. The mods are pretty extensive, but I may list them separately when my well-organized schedule allows. Something like 385 watts at 8 ohms.

l69kyzmhhrqh.jpeg

Very nice overall condition. Faceplate really nice. A few minor imperfections on top cover. Offering to Polkies first before going to Carver site where these are very desirable. Elegant meters. Low hours since Mark II mods. $549.00 in my pocket plus shipping to CONUS. PayPal F&F or personal check if I know you. 100 posts minimum. Local pickup in central Wisconsin but I go to Madison often and will be in Milwaukee on Thursday.

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Bought my first M500t new in 1984. Always enjoyed how it sounded.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    That is a great price. I charge $400 for the modification alone, and I’m booked out 4 months.

Dennis Miller does quality work - most assuredly a top tier tech, and he stands behind his work.

GLWTS!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited November 2019
    I had always wanted one of these. If I did not just have a TFM45 refurbed, I would have jumped on this in a heart beat at that price.

GLWTS
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    edited November 2019
    Well now...
    :)

How does it sound driving Polks?
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    SIHAB wrote: »
    Well now...

SDA is out unless you choose not to use interconnect cable, these invert one channel.
    All other Polks are good to go.
  • audioluvr
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Well now...

SDA is out unless you choose not to use interconnect cable, these invert one channel.

Still a common ground amp. I ran a Carver M500t with my SDA 2B's for 20+ years. Very nice combo
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    edited November 2019
  • daddyjt
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Well now...

Still a common ground amp. I ran a Carver M500t with my SDA 2B's for 20+ years. Very nice combo

All due respect, the Carver M500(t) is most assuredly not a common ground amplifier. That said, you can use it with SDA, as long as you use a dreadnaught.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• audioluvr
    daddyjt wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Well now...

All due respect, the Carver M500(t) is most assuredly not a common ground amplifier. That said, you can use it with SDA, as long as you use a dreadnaught.

I stand corrected. Now that I remember I was using the AI-1 interconnect cable. Still great sounding amp/speaker combo.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• daddyjt
    Someone got a great deal...

Congrats to the seller and the new owner!

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Wahoo. Got payment sent today. I tried to resist, but the blue LED meters wouldn’t let me go. I had an m500 that I enjoyed for years before I had to let it go.

And I was the opposite of CH46E. I have a TFM-45 that needs refurb that I had not yet got done.
  • audioluvr
    Congratulations
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC