Shoutout to TonyB

2»

Comments

• pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    Very nice....makes me want to go to Chicago and hang out with both of you!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Tony's a good dude. Met him a few times myself and had a great time!

H9

Been too long Brock, you need to get out of that tube basement more often. Your starting to remind me of a tube prepper. :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Brock's tube vault and cockroaches are the only things that will survive the apocalypse...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited October 2019
    Actually I have just about every tube of all types (that I use). I've moved on to craft beer hoarding. Mostly the high alcohol content barrel aged varieties. It's that time of year, time to stock up and it's cheaper than chasing tubes........but not by much!

This years collection of Dragon's Milk releases are just the tip of the iceberg.

8vwuhnbopmxw.png

Also was up in Amherst WI for the beer fest and annual release of Central Waters = Black Gold. A Russian Imperial Stout aged for 3 years in Bourbon Barrels. Super limited sale that day only with a pre-bought ticket limit of 4 at $20/ea. I bought 4...lol

h7w3o2strd2s.png

We visit craft breweries all over the area. So I do get out of the bunker.....but now there's some great stuff to drink if you're stuck down there!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    Waiting for this years release of this.

9wm2j4cqwn8r.png

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Hard core Brock👍
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Actually I have just about every tube of all types (that I use). I've moved on to craft beer hoarding. Mostly the high alcohol content barrel aged varieties. It's that time of year, time to stock up and it's cheaper than chasing tubes........but not by much!

This years collection of Dragon's Milk releases are just the tip of the iceberg.

8vwuhnbopmxw.png

Also was up in Amherst WI for the beer fest and annual release of Central Waters = Black Gold. A Russian Imperial Stout aged for 3 years in Bourbon Barrels. Super limited sale that day only with a pre-bought ticket limit of 4 at $20/ea. I bought 4...lol

h7w3o2strd2s.png

We visit craft breweries all over the area. So I do get out of the bunker.....but now there's some great stuff to drink if you're stuck down there!

H9

Hahaha. This guy handles his beers in gloves like his tubes. Love it!!!
  • heiney9
    edited October 2019
    halen wrote: »
    Hahaha. This guy handles his beers in gloves like his tubes. Love it!!!

LMAO! If that were only true!! That's my girlfriends hands and we were taking the beer to the car after purchase. It was about 32* and there were snow flurries so we were bundled up!

H9

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042

8vwuhnbopmxw.png

h7w3o2strd2s.png

H9

Wow; now that's an impressive looking stash!! I'm wondering how long does that beer keep? I'm guessing 3 months for optimal taste?
    Seems like a lot of high octane brew unless you have a LOT of beer tasting events.
  • heiney9
    edited October 2019
    The stouts and darker beer keeps for a couple to 3 years. Especially the barrel aged stuff. We have some barrel aged Barely Wines too. I opened a 2 year old regular Dragon's Milk and it was superb.

Also opened a 3 year old Founders Scottish Ale and it was better than the current release, IMO. The key is cool, dry and dark storage conditions. I try to drink within a year or two. It never really goes "bad", just starts to loose the depth of flavor.

Unfortunately like my tube hobby, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Probably another 150 bottles or so of other various favorites.

Just picked this up tonight, I've been looking for it in a 4 pk of bottles. Finally found some.

zlkyfdlzpkwv.png
  • tonyb
    I had a sip of oatmeal stout once....spit it out pronto. Rather drink pi-ss than that stuff. I get some of these craft beers is an acquired taste and all, but dang....

Much of my younger days was spent in the beer arena, until wine took over as the drink of choice. Could never stand the heavier stouts, that's just me though.

Brock, you and Halen need to hook up, between you 2, you could drain a cargo ship of beer and fill an Olympic sized swimming pool after it goes through ya.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    I remember when I was a teenager & i stopped at my really kool aunt Roz's house & she gave me a Guiness Stout beer. I took all of 2 sips & she laughed at me. I couldn't drink it. Till this day we still talk about that 40+ years ago experience & laugh every time. She still enjoys a good Stout beer
    Randy/Maine
  • halen
    tonyb wrote: »
    I had a sip of oatmeal stout once....spit it out pronto. Rather drink pi-ss than that stuff. I get some of these craft beers is an acquired taste and all, but dang....

Much of my younger days was spent in the beer arena, until wine took over as the drink of choice. Could never stand the heavier stouts, that's just me though.

Brock, you and Halen need to hook up, between you 2, you could drain a cargo ship of beer and fill an Olympic sized swimming pool after it goes through ya.

Wow. You breaking up with me after first date? What am I? Hooking me up with Brock. He wears gloves to drink his beers. Lol

Kidding aside. People that don’t know brothers and ahem sisters on this forum don’t understand.

I am not a keyboard warrior. I don’t belong in that generation. I say as I do and do as I say. Same as everyone I have met here.

Cheers!!!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    halen, i'll have some ribs for you.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    marvda1 wrote: »

sườn mèo ???
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halen
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    marvda1 wrote: »

sườn mèo ???

Cat ribs? My favorite. Lol

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Love Dragon's Milk stout! From Michigan too! And, love their cigars!

6p3tdgvy05y3.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • heiney9
    edited November 2019
    verb wrote: »
    Love Dragon's Milk stout! From Michigan too! And, love their cigars!

6p3tdgvy05y3.png

Cool! We live in Illinois, but 2 Summers ago we visited New Holland Brewery during the Mad Hatter Festival as well as Founders and many other small breweries. We spent 7 days between New Holland and Grand Rapids visiting various places. It was a GREAT road trip!

This just arrived yesterday in our local market, so I got my stash before it's gone. They aren't going to brew it again for awhile, if ever. First time in 4/pk. One of my favorites as well. I like it more than KBS. The stuff is freakin' phenomenal!! Local market price is $25 a 4/pk. Cheaper than tubes!! Lol

utnfm2z4q132.png

Canadian Breakfast Stout (CBS) was first brewed after Brewmaster Jeremy Kosmicki stumbled upon bourbon barrels that had previously housed maple syrup. Adding the same base beer as Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), CBS was born. Rich maple syrup, roasted coffee and velvety chocolate meld together in this barrel-aged beer to create a transcendental drinking experience. 11.3% ABV.

H9
  • tonyb
    I don't know about anyone else, but...Rich maple syrup, roasted coffee and velvety chocolate is not something I want in my beer. lol What's next ? Bacon and eggs ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    edited November 2019
    Don't knock it until you try it. It's all subtle, but a Stout holds up well to variations in flavor. I certainly wouldn't like it in a Pilsner or a Bud Light. In fact that would be downright gross!

A completely different ball game my friend.

On a different note, Tony have tried any of the bourbon barrel aged Red wines that are becoming more popular? I have a Cooper & Thief Red wine blend that was aged 3 months in BB's - 17% ABV. I haven't tried it yet. I see Woodbridge and several others are aging their cab's, merlot's and even pinot's in BB's.

Also I've had some stellar stouts aged in Pinot Nior wine barrels. Distinctively different, but excellent.
  • halen
    I am down for almost anything beer. Maple syrup, coffee and whatever.

Just not rice and steamed pork flavored beer with soy sauce or fish sauce. Lol
  • halen
    To be more accurate. If it is soy sauce of fish sauce based beer. That is a no go. Haha
  • I see Tony got you a bunch of wine in you, the pictures speak volumes....
  • tonyb
    Don't knock it until you try it. It's all subtle, but a Stout holds up well to variations in flavor. I certainly wouldn't like it in a Pilsner or a Bud Light. In fact that would be downright gross!

A completely different ball game my friend.

On a different note, Tony have tried any of the bourbon barrel aged Red wines that are becoming more popular? I have a Cooper & Thief Red wine blend that was aged 3 months in BB's - 17% ABV. I haven't tried it yet. I see Woodbridge and several others are aging their cab's, merlot's and even pinot's in BB's.

Also I've had some stellar stouts aged in Pinot Nior wine barrels. Distinctively different, but excellent.

Nah, I'm not into the exotic end of wine making. Not a believer in mixing the grain with the grape, even if it's just barrel flavors.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • halen
    Not sure how cold it is there in December, but I may be heading back out. Haven’t given my reply to company yet.

Tony is loaded with knowledge. Made me feel very at home. I never wanted to leave. Haha. Happen to be a big Game of Thrones fan.

Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/S8AsEzkrjXw
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Dude it freaking COLD miserable COLD
  • tonyb
    halen wrote: »
    Not sure how cold it is there in December, but I may be heading back out. Haven’t given my reply to company yet.

Tony is loaded with knowledge. Made me feel very at home. I never wanted to leave. Haha. Happen to be a big Game of Thrones fan.

Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/S8AsEzkrjXw

Cool bro, let me know if you make it. Now that I know meat and beer is your thing, we can hit some other cool places.

Game of thrones ?? Loved it, best series HBO has put out to date.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    edited November 2019
    Bacon makes everything better. >:)
    Bacon is the duct tape of meat. :D
    tonyb wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but...Rich maple syrup, roasted coffee and velvety chocolate is not something I want in my beer. lol What's next ? Bacon and eggs ?
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears