Question about CRS speaker placement

Distance from the rear wall makes a lot of difference in my 2BTLs but not so much on my CRS+. Wondering how far other CRS owners have their speakers out from the rear wall?
  • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
  • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
  • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
  • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
  • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
  • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    As stated in Polk manual. The CRS+ speakers are designed for shelf or stands. They can be brought out some. I keep mine about 12 inches out. I did play around with placement after I did upgrades a few years ago. Try different positions away from wall to your likings
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    h61acxxrtbzp.jpg
    Randy/Maine
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    boston1450 wrote: »
    As stated in Polk manual. The CRS+ speakers are designed for shelf or stands. They can be brought out some. I keep mine about 12 inches out. I did play around with placement after I did upgrades a few years ago. Try different positions away from wall to your likings
    Thanks for the information from the manual. I hadn't read that before. I have mine about 4" from the wall right now. Usually 6" works well for my 2Bs. I'll try moving the CRS+ out farther, maybe between 6" and 12", and see if they sound better.
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    I found mine worked well at about 15 inches out.
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    I'm surprised that moving the CRS off the back wall 12-15" would be the ideal placement. Seems like it would kill the bass on the little guys. Are you guys using a sub with them?
  • boston1450
    It may not for you.... I use my Cs1000p sub on HT only. The subs are in the center speaker & the dial isn't up high. I dont require the thump as some here like. My room is also 18×26.
    Randy/Maine