Auralic Vega G2 Up and Running....

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    edited August 2019
    Hearing what I do and after using the Vega G2 for a while now, it could be easily priced at twice it's list and be worth every penny and nothing out there in even at that US dollar amount would get me to switch. The Vega G2 is one bad whama jamma.

The tariffs won't stop people from owning what it is they really want.
    Post edited by tophatjohnny on
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • tophatjohnny
    edited August 2019
    "Sounds of Elegance" is all I hear when playing back files that take up more room on on drives ! (An often heard statement from those with lower quality players that really don't bennefit with much higher ripped files @ 44.1-48k in 16Bit. For those with avg players you probably are good right there! The G2 is loving being fed upconcerted information Hence: "Sounds of Elegance". The A B testing was fun and so revealing coming off the Auralic and as each day goes by another batch of my favorite albums is converted to the "snob family" and as building daily playlists happen, putting those lists into play has me hearing the music like it was the first time ever and sure keeps a grin right above my chin!! 😂

Happy Listening to all and thank you all who steered me to the Auralic G2. It is a daily treat with zero regrets.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • tophatjohnny
    I know I don't post a whole lot and I'm blaming a good part of that on this dang Vega G2. Nothing short of amazing and still thrilled I made the move. I do look back at the other players I've owned and if not for those players I probably would have never made this move. There was always something in the sound quality department missing with my past players but when my ears heard the G2 it was all over. I would with no hesitation steer anyone that is after ear candy goodness to owning one of these and tasting just that. The thing is one amazing beast!! Other than that, hope all are well and enjoying the music. the beat goes one!!

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Lumin is real good too. Real good.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    My Lumin X1 is fantastic. Of course since you can get multiple Auralic players for what it cost then it better be. I have the first gen Auralic Vega in my HT system, and it is fine.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    THJ, Congrats on your new Auralic. Lots of product to choose from in this arena, I'd say you did well. N'joy!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I love my G1. Great products from Auralic for sure.
  • tophatjohnny
    BlueFox wrote: »
    My Lumin X1 is fantastic. Of course since you can get multiple Auralic players for what it cost then it better be. I have the first gen Auralic Vega in my HT system, and it is fine.

Great. It's nice to hear about other units that deliver fantastic sound..even if they cost twice as much. It's only money😂😂
  • joecoulson
    Dark mode in effect for Lightning DS (still the best OI on the market) and looks and works so good!!
  • joecoulson wrote: »
    Dark mode in effect for Lightning DS (still the best OI on the market) and looks and works so good!!

Ahh the Dark Mode! I'm still there. Can't get past how nice the G2 sounds. The app is great too. The 🐝'wax set the thing on fire!! Still floored over that. Wow!
  • tophatjohnny
    Been a year since this amazing player landed in my home and can't imagine life without it. Not a day or night passes without the G2 putting a smile on my face. Was it worth the coin??? Seeing how I auditioned another player (actually 6 of them) but one in particular that retailed out for twice the amount as the G2 goes for and the Auralic out performed em all, I say worth every penny. Wasn't even about the money as I was prepared to roll out as much as I needed to in order to lite my ears up with that quality sound and I found it in the G2. I doubt if I didn't find this forum would I have the gear I do now so to all here that have helped me along the way I extend a huge Thank You and I have appreciated the suggestions. You all rock to me and even though some see things differently here I still hang around every week as what a cool bunch. God bless all you cats and hope for everyone to get to a spot in their journey of being set! I say I am set but if and when some bad as s towers come along that would kill either of the 2 sets I have now and are priced right I just might make a change in that area. As for network players / streamers go...the Vega G2 is home to stay.
    Peace my Polkiez🎩
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Need to review an Auralic product this year.
  • tophatjohnny
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Need to review an Auralic product this year.

I'd love to read it brother.
  • Clipdat
    I'll reach out and ask if they'll send me a Vega G1.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I am eyeing one myself after signing up for Tidal. While the Aries mini works fine I would like to step up to something with a display and improved wifi connectivity. What I couldn't discern from their website is if the G1 has a built in DAC due my limited knowledge of some of the streaming jargon.
  • Osarion
    Osarion Posts: 180
    No, it doesn't have analog outputs.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I am eyeing one myself after signing up for Tidal. While the Aries mini works fine I would like to step up to something with a display and improved wifi connectivity. What I couldn't discern from their website is if the G1 has a built in DAC due my limited knowledge of some of the streaming jargon.

If you are running the mini on usb to an external dac, try putting a wired 4 sound recovery on it. W4S will probably have them on sale again around Thanksgiving. It give the mini a better sound, adds femto for not a lot of money. I have my mini with a curious cable, ifi power adapter to a wireworld platinum usb cable into an LKS mh-da004 dac.
    I can definitely hear the difference having the w4s recovery on and out of the chain.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    edited August 2020
    I put an Aries Mini in my system last week, and WOW! What great sound. I took the computer completely out of the chain, using wifi, and powering the Mini with a TeraDak linear power supply fed by a PS Audio regenerator. The power cables are all NRG Custom Cables "The Five". The Mini has a very nice onboard DAC, and I love the DS Lightning control app on an iPad. Haven't experimented with an external DAC yet - using that only for the CD changer. Oh, yeah, streaming Tidal HiFi. Superb!
  • joecoulson
    Aries G1 does not have DAC, but the Vega G1 does. Handles local files flawlessly and runs Qobuz, Tidal and other radio style streams Beautifully. Well worth it IMO
  • erniejade
    I have a TeraDak on the mini as well. @Dr_Wu nice choice for the power supply.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    @joecoulson everything I have read and from what you have told me, that G1 is a nice jump up from the Mini. The folks at LKS actually recommend the G1 or Lumin as a streamer for their unit.
  • tophatjohnny
    So many great choices out there!
  • joecoulson
    Yeah, Brian I know you would like the VG1
    You already know the OS is a great system, but the hardware on these units is just grade A
  • Clipdat
    Hey guys what’s going on over in this Auralic circle jerk?
  • tophatjohnny
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Also, can I join in?

6ymc7hj4cqhu.jpg

Yeah Buddy! When that crazy smoke clears you will have a great time with that unit. I still recommend the G2 to anyone that close but the G1 will do a great job! Congrats and looking forward to your in depth review!
  • joecoulson
    Bam! Congrats brother Drew.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Congrats Drew.