Auralic Vega G2 Up and Running....

13»

Comments

• verbverb Posts: 8,010
    joecoulson wrote: »
    These are simply stunning pieces.

4qriz67hvu80.jpeg

The pic makes it look bigger than it actually is. And stunning the G line really is.
    I'm happy for your decision to get yourself one Joey and I do know the feeling.
    I don't use the coax out, just toss and RCA for tv and streaming tv. Both of those sound very nice too.
    Congrats again..

And, I'm happy to score Joe's hand me downs! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,608
    edited June 30
    Always Dave, you get first dibs.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    So unfortunately my unit has to go back. There is an issue with the screen, probably the least expensive item on the unit. There are scan lines showing on the screen. Tried all ways to reset to no avail. Couldn’t find ANYTHING online where someone had the same issue. Posted the issue on Auralic’s support site.
    Got this response from the president of Auralic:

The display module is not installed properly and mostly the FPC cable on the back or was damaged during transportation. What we usually do is to replace the entire display module in case there is any potential problem. Please contact your local distributor and have this problem fixed.

So it’s gonna go back to Auralic. Fortunately Walter is such a stand up guy, not only did he send me a prepaid UPS label (which as I understand it in these situations, are the buyers responsibility) but he also going to assume liability for the faulty unit and send me a new one ASAP.
    Underwood hifi folks. Nice knowing that the dealer is customer centric.

So I’ll be packing it up tomorrow and be very sad because other than the screen, the unit has been absolutely stunning. The sound has been transformative in my rig.

I’ll look forward to getting a new one back up and running.

Pics of the issue

vcu6h6174gvw.jpeg
    ilzrj4bktl8f.jpeg
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • tophatjohnnytophatjohnny Posts: 2,681
    So unfortunately my unit has to go back. There is an issue with the screen, probably the least expensive item on the unit. There are scan lines showing on the screen. Tried all ways to reset to no avail. Couldn’t find ANYTHING online where someone had the same issue. Posted the issue on Auralic’s support site.
    Got this response from the president of Auralic:

The display module is not installed properly and mostly the FPC cable on the back or was damaged during transportation. What we usually do is to replace the entire display module in case there is any potential problem. Please contact your local distributor and have this problem fixed.

So it’s gonna go back to Auralic. Fortunately Walter is such a stand up guy, not only did he send me a prepaid UPS label (which as I understand it in these situations, are the buyers responsibility) but he also going to assume liability for the faulty unit and send me a new one ASAP.
    Underwood hifi folks. Nice knowing that the dealer is customer centric.

So I’ll be packing it up tomorrow and be very sad because other than the screen, the unit has been absolutely stunning. The sound has been transformative in my rig.

I’ll look forward to getting a new one back up and running.

Pics of the issue

vcu6h6174gvw.jpeg
    ilzrj4bktl8f.jpeg

Not what ya wanna hear I know but it will be resolved and hearing is believing. Just waiting on some wax to make mine buzz a little smoother and then I'm close to slappin' a new ⌚ Rolex ⌚ up on my "2" to see what that might do!😂😂 see with my ears that is😂😂🎩
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
    Oh wow. Your gonna bite the bullet then?
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 1,015
    Jeez, Joe...such a picky-arse diva :D
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator

Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
    So sad

7wnr4y0rgh8s.jpeg
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,583
    edited July 6
    ilzrj4bktl8f.jpeg
    I can't believe I'm the only one intelligent enough to figure this out. There's nothing wrong with that display. That's a music player and those lines are the "staff". The horizontal lines and spaces that each represent a different musical pitch or in the case of a percussion staff, different percussion instruments. You probably paid extra for it to display that option.

ul2i57kor55j.png

:smiley:
    2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps
    Hermitism wrote: »
    ilzrj4bktl8f.jpeg
    I can't believe I'm the only one intelligent enough to figure this out. There's nothing wrong with that display. That's a music player and those lines are the "staff". The horizontal lines and spaces that each represent a different musical pitch or in the case of a percussion staff, different percussion instruments. You probably paid extra for it to display that option.

ul2i57kor55j.png

:smiley:

Every Good Boy Does Fine.

Face It!😂😂🎩
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
    edited August 1
    Hearing what I do and after using the Vega G2 for a while now, it could be easily priced at twice it's list and be worth every penny and nothing out there in even at that US dollar amount would get me to switch. The Vega G2 is one bad whama jamma.

The tariffs won't stop people from owning what it is they really want.
    Post edited by tophatjohnny on
    Too true.
    edited August 11
    "Sounds of Elegance" is all I hear when playing back files that take up more room on on drives ! (An often heard statement from those with lower quality players that really don't bennefit with much higher ripped files @ 44.1-48k in 16Bit. For those with avg players you probably are good right there! The G2 is loving being fed upconcerted information Hence: "Sounds of Elegance". The A B testing was fun and so revealing coming off the Auralic and as each day goes by another batch of my favorite albums is converted to the "snob family" and as building daily playlists happen, putting those lists into play has me hearing the music like it was the first time ever and sure keeps a grin right above my chin!! 😂

Happy Listening to all and thank you all who steered me to the Auralic G2. It is a daily treat with zero regrets.
    Res Snob
    I know I don't post a whole lot and I'm blaming a good part of that on this dang Vega G2. Nothing short of amazing and still thrilled I made the move. I do look back at the other players I've owned and if not for those players I probably would have never made this move. There was always something in the sound quality department missing with my past players but when my ears heard the G2 it was all over. I would with no hesitation steer anyone that is after ear candy goodness to owning one of these and tasting just that. The thing is one amazing beast!! Other than that, hope all are well and enjoying the music. the beat goes one!!

• WagnerRCWagnerRC Posts: 1,965
    Lumin is real good too. Real good.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,180
    My Lumin X1 is fantastic. Of course since you can get multiple Auralic players for what it cost then it better be. I have the first gen Auralic Vega in my HT system, and it is fine.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,534
    THJ, Congrats on your new Auralic. Lots of product to choose from in this arena, I'd say you did well. N'joy!
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
    I love my G1. Great products from Auralic for sure.
    BlueFox wrote: »
    My Lumin X1 is fantastic. Of course since you can get multiple Auralic players for what it cost then it better be. I have the first gen Auralic Vega in my HT system, and it is fine.

Great. It's nice to hear about other units that deliver fantastic sound..even if they cost twice as much. It's only money😂😂