Adjustable height speaker stands to accommodate rear/surround speakers?

pawelmwo
pawelmwo Posts: 137
edited October 2019 in Speakers
Looking for advice on a pair of speaker stands. Something with a platform that would also possibly secure the vertical keyholes on the Polk FXI A4 speakers. I'm not sure on the height yet so I want some flexibility in setting it up. For the same reasons I don't want to wall mount it. But the thought of just laying the speaker on top with the possibility of being knocked off very easily doesn't sit well with me.

This is the kind of stand I came up with so far. But it would seem I need some bracket or get creative in securing the keyholes. Besides wall mounting how do would you deal with these speakers on a stand?

Height (inches) 12 1/16
Width (inches) 11 5/16
Depth (inches) 7 13/16

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/rebrilliant-large-surround-adjustable-height-speaker-stand-w000628824.html
0x5duy227k59.jpeg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    Bolt the stands to the floor and glue the speakers to the stand.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    A couple of big 3M Command strips between the stand and the speaker should hold them and you can remove them without damage later.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Or blue-tack, quake putty, etc. Could probably fashion something with a metal L bracket if you wanted something more secure.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    Before anyone takes what I said seriously, I wasn't.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    Anybody know the best way to get speakers off stands after they have been glued on?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    OleBoot wrote: »
    Anybody know the best way to get speakers off stands after they have been glued on?

sledgehammer and a wedge.
  • pawelmwo
    pawelmwo Posts: 137
    edited November 2019
    For anyone looking I got some On Stage Stands SMS6600-P Hex-Base Monitor. They sell on Amazon for $100. Very sturdy and go up to 54 inches. Have been great at figuring out where I want the bipoles in a 5 channel setup for rears. Probably not great if you have kids or large dogs but we have neither and they are behind our sofa so should be fine.