Any "trick" way to wire 2 sets of Monitor 10b's?

GrChick
GrChick Posts: 5
edited April 2007 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I have two pairs of Monitor 10B's

Is there a way to wire the speaker wires other than speaker A and Speaker B to get the "best" sound?

Any way to add a cross over or wire the all the tweeter and drivers speakers internally differently to make them sound better?

Just curious?

Greg
Post edited by GrChick on

Comments

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    edited April 2007
    Not that I know of. The only thing I could think of is to arrange the placement of the speakers; stacked vs. side by side. (Assuming that you want both speakers coming from the same source and using both at the same time.) Either way, both speakers are going to receive the same signal and power, and any physical alteration will change the overall sound (most likely in a negitive way) because they are designed to be in their current configuration.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    What's a sperate?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    You know what wouldn't surprise me? If a previous World of Warcraft nerd that got banned from here started a new account and pretended to misspell things and use broken English to attempt to hide who he is.

I'm not saying that's the case, just that I wouldn't be surprised. He hates us so bad he can't stay away.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Nightfall wrote: »
    What's a sperate?

It's like aphart or deafarent.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Or criptanight
  • Nightfall
    edited October 2019
    You's guys are judge mental. You're just jealous he uses his imagine nation to come up with new words.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Or criptanight

cryptoknight.

maajc7z400rz.png
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited October 2019
    Stack them. Wire them in parallel and hope (pray) your amp can handle 3 ohm loads. I think they are 6 ohm nominal. Or go series and hope you have enough power for 12 ohm loads.

While this may give you more volume it won't help with anything else most people with vintage Polks are looking for.
    Post edited by CH46E on
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I would add if stacking them do the top speaker upside down (tweeter to tweeter). Not that I would do this... But if I did.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member