PSB Stratus speakers

pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,163
edited August 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
PSB Stratus floor-standing speakers in piano black gloss finish. Local pick-up only in Albany, NY. These are the original Stratus model, which was the precursor to the later Stratus Bronze, Silver, and Gold models. This is a great-sounding speaker, very dynamic with a great sound stage and nice bass punch. It really does everything incredibly well. Speakers are in nice condition with perhaps just a few light surface scratches if looked at closely. The only real (to me minor) noticeable issue is that, at some point, one corner wooden edge of the base of one speaker somehow became separated and the previous owner re-attached it (please see last pic). This did not bother me at all and the base is still solid at that point. I am the second owner. I bought these speakers about 5 years ago but never enjoyed them as much as I should have due to space limitations which prevented me from seting up a planned second system.

Price is $400 local pick-up only in Albany, NY.

Sorry that the pics are not the best, I know, due to lack of light in the room. Please let me know if anyone wishes to see other pics and, if so, I can take some more pics during the day in better light and e-mail them to any interested persons. Thank you.

e3y17g5g1k7n.jpg
pxhdu4clk8fr.jpg
2yibjqtt2aap.jpg
ocxk816jkco6.jpg

Post edited by pglbook on

Comments

• pglbook
    I think this a fair price for these speakers...but please let me know (via pm) if my pricing is at all off...or if anyone wants to make a reasonable offer (key word: reasonable). Thank you.
  • pglbook
    Price reduced to $375. Local pick-up in Albany, NY. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    Price reduced to $365. Local pick-up only in Albany, NY. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    These are currently located in Albany, NY, but I will be moving these to my shop, located in Amsterdam, NY, in about a week. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    Final price reduction: $355.

Local pick-up only. These are currently located in Albany, NY, but, beginning on September 9, 2018, they will be located in Amsterdam, NY, as I will be moving them into my shop at that time. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    Price reduced to $350.

These are great speakers for the price. I would keep them myself but, unfortunately, do not have the room for them. I'd also prefer not to have to move them to my shop. Currently located in Albany, NY, and, beginning on September 9, they will be in Amsterdam, NY.

• pglbook
    edited September 2018
    Price reduced to $335.

I'd rather not have to move these to my shop in Amsterdam, NY, where they will just stand unused among a few other speakers I have stored there, so I decided to lower the price and hopefully give someone local to Albany, NY, a good deal on a great set of speakers. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    Price reduced to $325. That is really the best I can do. Local pick-up in Albany, NY.

I know PSB may not be a household name (and I had not heard of the brand myself until I bought these speakers years ago), but they really do make some great sounding and quality speakers.
  • pglbook
    Price reduced to $320.

I lowered the price on my local CL a few days ago and forgot to do so on here.

Local pick up, Albany, NY.

Thanks.
  • pglbook
    Final price reduction: $315.

I really don't want to move these, ha.

Albany, NY, local pick-up.
  • pglbook
    edited September 2018
    Final (final) price reduction: $300. Local pick-up, Albany, NY.

My wife and I are moving soon and I'd prefer that these find a good home rather than have to move them.

I think this is a very good deal for these speakers and it is even a bit less than I paid for them myself a few years ago.

• pglbook
    Price reduced to $250. Local pick up only. I've had these on here for a while and would like these to go to a nice new home. I recently moved into a new townhouse and unfortunately do not have room for these. Speakers are now located in Cohoes, NY (near Albany). Thank you.
  • pglbook
    edited February 2019
    Bump. Price reduced to $240. Local pick-up, Cohoes, NY.
  • pglbook
    Still available...$240...local pick up in Cohoes, NY (near Albany). Thanks.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Thats a great price for a solid speaker.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pglbook
    erniejade wrote: »
    Thats a great price for a solid speaker.

Thanks. These are great speakers and I actually paid quite a bit more for them myself. I would love to keep them but, unfortunately, I do not have room for them in the new townhouse my wife and I moved into a few months ago and I'd just like to pass a good deal along to a fellow Polkie. This deal is only open to PF members with 100+ posts. Local pickup only. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    Bump...still available. $240, local pickup only. The speakers are also now located in my shop in Amsterdam, NY.
  • pglbook
    edited June 2019
    One more bump before I put these in permanent storage at my shop.

$240 local pickup only. Cohoes, NY (near Albany, NY).

These are really great sounding speakers for the price. I paid $300 for these myself approx. 4 years ago and I thought that was a good deal at the time. I would just like to find a good home for these since I only have space for one pair of speakers at my new townhouse (and the SDA 2B TLs are staying).
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    You could do way worse for more money, hopefully someone will pick these up.
  • pglbook
    kharp1 wrote: »
    You could do way worse for more money, hopefully someone will pick these up.

Thanks. These are great speakers and, imho, a great deal for $240. I wish I could keep them for a second system but I just don't have the room in my townhouse.

• pglbook
    edited June 2019
    Final price reduction: $225.

Local pickup only in Albany, NY, area.

Thanks.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Wow! No one local looking for a fantastic deal?
  • pglbook
    edited October 2019
    One more bump as I still having these sitting around and would like to find someone who could use them in a system. Very nice sounding speakers here at a good price. $225. Local pickup only in Cohoes (upstate near Albany) NY. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    I also just listed these (at a higher price) on my local CL. But I am still hoping that a local Polkie grabs them because they are great sounding speakers at a (imho) super price.
  • pglbook
    Last price reduction and bump: $215. Local pickup only (zip code 12047).
  • pglbook
    edited November 2019
    I promise this is my last post about these speakers (famous last words, ha)...but I just wanted to note that the speakers are now stored in my shop in Amsterdam, NY, and I have reduced the price to $200 (which is actually $100 less than I paid for them myself a few years ago and I thought that was a great deal at the time I bought them).

Also, I did notice a few minor surface scratches to the black gloss finish, mainly on the tops, but that is normal for that type of finish and they are in good shape overall and work perfectly. I do not think you'll find a better sounding pair of speakers for the price.

$200, cash and carry, local pickup only in Amsterdam, NY (zip code 12010).

Thanks.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Dude, If I was closer, I'd scarf them up. Anyone in your area should though, the price dictates you should just to get your ears on the brand. Good luck with the sale.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pglbook
    edited December 2019
    I recently listed these on CL due to lack of movement on here (understandable since local pickup only in upstate NY limits the market)...and soon realized why I hate CL. I had someone e-mail me the following yesterday: "I'll give you $75 for them." Needless to say, I did not send a reply.

Aren't there any Polkies near upsate NY who can use a great pair of speakers at a bargain price? $200 local pickup in Amsterdam, NY. They are currently in my shop and I can hook them up to the Parasound amp and pre I have there if anyone even wants to hear how they sound.

Thanks.
  • pglbook
    edited March 2020
    The PSB Stratus speakers are still available.
    $200, local pickup only in upstate NY (Amsterdam/Albany areas).

As noted in my previous post, I also listed these on CL (at a higher price) back in December but, due to the typical CL bs ("I'll give you $75 for them," multiple e-mails from people promising to stop by and check out the speakers only to bail at last minute, etc.), I removed these from CL a few weeks ago and will only list them on this forum. I will just keep them if they do not sell on here.

These are great speakers at a bargain price for any Polkies near upstate NY.

Thanks.