good prices right now on TSi200 / Monitor 40 / RTiA1 / SS20 ....id like to buy new but dont know

gentlejaxgentlejax Registered UserPosts: 42
I was going to buy some bookshelves from Klipsch and man they have 4 models that look all the same and I guess Im not impressed. I liked the one with the 8inch driver but then thats tower prices.

I have RTiA9s and I am running them off a carver TFM42 thats been upgraded/rebuilt. I have the power for them...

I have a 5 channel amp just sitting around so I thought I would grab a pair of small speakers to add to the stereo. I have subs so its not about trying to get base.

the build of the RTiA is much better than the rest but I did like the cherry TSi200 ...so its almost between them 2. Amazon had the RTiA1 cheaper than Polk direct did on ebay.

should I just skip that all together lol...I am going to look at a B&W sub today just to see if its better than the other 3 I have.

Comments

• gentlejaxgentlejax Registered User Posts: 42
    also a guy in texas with a set of LSi7 for $221 but dang I hate driving for 5hrs round trip.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,359
    If you're considering $221 for LSi-7's, I think I'd get the LSiM 703's from Adorama at what $349 ?? Brand new, with warranty no shipping cost. 7's are real nice but 703's are much better.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,648
    You going to be using these bookies in a 5 channel setup ? As surrounds ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,005
    dromunds wrote: »
    If you're considering $221 for LSi-7's, I think I'd get the LSiM 703's from Adorama at what $349 ?? Brand new, with warranty no shipping cost. 7's are real nice but 703's are much better.

That for each one. $700 is a big step up...
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Energy s10.2 sub; Cambridge Azur 851a; Cambridge Azur 752BD; Bryston BPD-1; NVidia ShieldTV
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP;
    ; Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, ACI Titan Subwoofer Squeezebox Touch
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,281
    I have a pair of LSi9 you can have for $300. Ebony and in great condition. Come out to polkfest and take them home.
  • gentlejaxgentlejax Registered User Posts: 42
    tonyb wrote: »
    You going to be using these bookies in a 5 channel setup ? As surrounds ?

no. just stereo. I have extra amp just sitting around.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,005
    DSkip wrote: »
    I have a pair of LSi9 you can have for $300. Ebony and in great condition. Come out to polkfest and take them home.

If you got a good amp that’s a great deal! Really fun almost full range speakers...
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Energy s10.2 sub; Cambridge Azur 851a; Cambridge Azur 752BD; Bryston BPD-1; NVidia ShieldTV
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP;
    ; Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, ACI Titan Subwoofer Squeezebox Touch
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,359
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    dromunds wrote: »

That for each one. $700 is a big step up...

they haven't been 700 a pair in a long time. Perhaps the sale price has bounced back up but they have been real low for some time now. Probably go back down again soon, seems to do that.