good prices right now on TSi200 / Monitor 40 / RTiA1 / SS20 ....id like to buy new but dont know

gentlejaxgentlejax Registered UserPosts: 42
I was going to buy some bookshelves from Klipsch and man they have 4 models that look all the same and I guess Im not impressed. I liked the one with the 8inch driver but then thats tower prices.

I have RTiA9s and I am running them off a carver TFM42 thats been upgraded/rebuilt. I have the power for them...

I have a 5 channel amp just sitting around so I thought I would grab a pair of small speakers to add to the stereo. I have subs so its not about trying to get base.

the build of the RTiA is much better than the rest but I did like the cherry TSi200 ...so its almost between them 2. Amazon had the RTiA1 cheaper than Polk direct did on ebay.

should I just skip that all together lol...I am going to look at a B&W sub today just to see if its better than the other 3 I have.

Comments

  • gentlejaxgentlejax Registered User Posts: 42
    also a guy in texas with a set of LSi7 for $221 but dang I hate driving for 5hrs round trip.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,359
    If you're considering $221 for LSi-7's, I think I'd get the LSiM 703's from Adorama at what $349 ?? Brand new, with warranty no shipping cost. 7's are real nice but 703's are much better.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,648
    You going to be using these bookies in a 5 channel setup ? As surrounds ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,005
    dromunds wrote: »
    If you're considering $221 for LSi-7's, I think I'd get the LSiM 703's from Adorama at what $349 ?? Brand new, with warranty no shipping cost. 7's are real nice but 703's are much better.

    That for each one. $700 is a big step up...
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Energy s10.2 sub; Cambridge Azur 851a; Cambridge Azur 752BD; Bryston BPD-1; NVidia ShieldTV
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP;
    ; Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, ACI Titan Subwoofer Squeezebox Touch
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,281
    I have a pair of LSi9 you can have for $300. Ebony and in great condition. Come out to polkfest and take them home.
  • gentlejaxgentlejax Registered User Posts: 42
    tonyb wrote: »
    You going to be using these bookies in a 5 channel setup ? As surrounds ?

    no. just stereo. I have extra amp just sitting around.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,005
    DSkip wrote: »
    I have a pair of LSi9 you can have for $300. Ebony and in great condition. Come out to polkfest and take them home.

    If you got a good amp that’s a great deal! Really fun almost full range speakers...
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Energy s10.2 sub; Cambridge Azur 851a; Cambridge Azur 752BD; Bryston BPD-1; NVidia ShieldTV
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP;
    ; Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, ACI Titan Subwoofer Squeezebox Touch
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,359
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    dromunds wrote: »
    If you're considering $221 for LSi-7's, I think I'd get the LSiM 703's from Adorama at what $349 ?? Brand new, with warranty no shipping cost. 7's are real nice but 703's are much better.

    That for each one. $700 is a big step up...

    they haven't been 700 a pair in a long time. Perhaps the sale price has bounced back up but they have been real low for some time now. Probably go back down again soon, seems to do that.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!