Attention PS Audio DAC Owners

Mike Reeter
Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
edited September 2019 in 2 Channel Audio
Just a Heads Up. I called PS Audio yesterday about one of their Transports and while talking with their Rep, he informed me of a Trade Up Promotion they have at the moment.

They will allow you a $2,000 Credit on ANY model PS Audio DAC, traded in toward a new Direct Stream DAC. This offer doesn't include the DSD Jr.

I have a NuWave DSD DAC, I asked if it would qualify for the 2K Credit, and the reply was YES. The NuWave was an $800 piece.

I have no idea how long this Promotion will run, I couldn't find anything pertaining to it on their web site.

So, if anyone has a PSA DAC and you'd like to move up into the DSD, here's a way to save 2K.

Granted, you could probably get the same cash deal from an existing Dealer, but it sounds as if PSA is going to pull the plug on them.
Post edited by Mike Reeter on

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Hey Mike!
    Thanks on the skinny . . .

Not sure how long I’ll be spinning cds, as I’ve recently been turned on to Tidal. Streaming sounds rather good, very good actually. It’s still not as good as physical media tho

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I wonder why it doesn't include the DSD Jr. Still if your looking to upgrade, that's a solid deal.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I wish they'd do something like that for their new phono preamp, like trade-in a PSA GCPH and get $1,000 credit :)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Totally agree. They might not give you the full $1000, but $800+ wouldn't shock me. They already offer up to $750 (30%) towards trade-ins going towardsthe Stellar Phono.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Mike Reeter
    edited September 2019
    erniejade wrote: »
    I wonder why it doesn't include the DSD Jr. Still if your looking to upgrade, that's a solid deal.

The DSD Jr. has been discontinued, although they do 1 Silver Jr. in stock.

• jdjohn
    I called and asked about any special promotional trade-in amounts (beyond the 30% ceiling) for older equivalent PSA gear towards 1) the new Stellar Gain Cell Phono Preamp, and 2) the Stellar Power Plant 3 AC Regenerator. No special 'extended' trade-in amounts are in place.

They did, however, tell me that both my GCPH phono-pre and PowerPlay 9000 power conditioner would qualify for the full 30% trade-in credit on the respective new products (1 & 2) above. That equates to $750 credit for the GCPH, and $660 for the PowerPlay 9000. Not bad since I would never get near that amount for these used units on the open market.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Mike Reeter
    jdjohn wrote: »
    I called and asked about any special promotional trade-in amounts (beyond the 30% ceiling) for older equivalent PSA gear towards 1) the new Stellar Gain Cell Phono Preamp, and 2) the Stellar Power Plant 3 AC Regenerator. No special 'extended' trade-in amounts are in place.

They did, however, tell me that both my GCPH phono-pre and PowerPlay 9000 power conditioner would qualify for the full 30% trade-in credit on the respective new products (1 & 2) above. That equates to $750 credit for the GCPH, and $660 for the PowerPlay 9000. Not bad since I would never get near that amount for these used units on the open market.

My original post stated that, any PS Audio DAC would be allowed a 2K trade in value toward a Direct Stream DAC only...

This Promotion was for a Limited Time as well.

• jdjohn
    Understood...I was just curious if any other products had a similar promotion. I was not questioning anything you said o:)
  • Mike Reeter
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Understood...I was just curious if any other products had a similar promotion. I was not questioning anything you said o:)

NO worries, the Promo that I was stating was never mentioned or posted anywhere on their site. One would think that they would advertise these occasional "Promos" publicly.

If I had'nt called about another product, I would have never known.