Foam Cannon

Let me just say for the detail nuts out there if you don't have a foam cannon... what are you doing??? Really what are you trying to do? You must have a foam cannon. It's the funnest thing I ever used with any detailing anything ever. It's so fun and it works crazy.
The deal is it pulls dirt off your paint before you touch it. It falls to the ground and you can see it in the foam dripping off the vehicle. Then you rise it off and wash with a was sit as usual. The amount of dirt left is barely anything. Its damn near perfect the foam treatment.lkhpeabmnqri.jpg
4a096ju2lc53.jpg
pq1byzk2j8tf.jpg
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited September 2019
    dsgiilbrqusg.jpg
    By the way I used Adams Polishes Mega Foam Car shampoo. It's incredibly slick and thick. It goes on like shaving cream.
    Dan
  • Will it not strip the wax off? I like the idea for sure.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mantis
    Will it not strip the wax off? I like the idea for sure.
    Hell no it's PH balanced.

Dan
  • mantis
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gxp0K3WOhU
    This is the passenger rear of my truck, my son filmed this on his iPhone. So cool.
    Dan
  • mantis
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4oi7pCySPo
    Another cool **** video my son filmed with his iPhone. This is when we first got it. Guys it's a BLAST!!! LOL
    Dan
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I bought one a couple months ago and use Chemical Guys Mr Pink with it. It has changed the way I wash cars.

Quick pressure wash, foam, sometimes foam again, hand wash off foam, rinse, and micro fiber dry.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Chemical Guys Mr. Pink.

Hard to know where to start with that.

B)
  • Yeah I use one too. It does speed up the wash time for sure.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Love it and want it!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • mantis
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I bought one a couple months ago and use Chemical Guys Mr Pink with it. It has changed the way I wash cars.

Quick pressure wash, foam, sometimes foam again, hand wash off foam, rinse, and micro fiber dry.
    I have 2 bottles of Mr. Pink but have not used it as foam yet. I have however used it as a car wash soap in a Chemical Guys bucket with a Grit guard. It's an awesome car wash soap, smells amazing and is super slippery.
    We live in such good times for these products, my Son and I are having a ball using all the different cool stuff on the market.

Dan
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Ok, so I have to admit, when I first seen the title of this thread, I was thinking about one of these babies! :)
    yew39r1lt8z2.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited September 2019
    Yup. TORQ pro foam cannon for pressure washer. I like the Chem Guys Honeydew foamer soap. I use separate bucket/microfiber for doing wheels.

9j7fdg0jeoiv.jpg

I use Chemical Guys products. My '17 Kia Optima Hybrid EX, Snow White Pearl. JetSeal, 50/50 wax for the pop. MAXcoat for the alloy wheels. The EX is nicely optioned. 17" wheels, nav, leather, Harmon Kardon sound system with sub. Won't win any dB contests but great for the jazz stations I listen to.

1jaap7rpruu0.jpg

If you don't have a pressure washer, they make them for garden hose. Of course the pressure washer foamer results are better.

5gbsapxfe3sf.png

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mantis
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Yup. TORQ pro foam cannon for pressure washer. I like the Chem Guys Honeydew foamer soap. I use separate bucket/microfiber for doing wheels.

9j7fdg0jeoiv.jpg

I use Chemical Guys products. My '17 Kia Optima Hybrid EX, Snow White Pearl. JetSeal, 50/50 wax for the pop. MAXcoat for the alloy wheels. The EX is nicely optioned. 17" wheels, nav, leather, Harmon Kardon sound system with sub. Won't win any dB contests but great for the jazz stations I listen to.

1jaap7rpruu0.jpg

If you don't have a pressure washer, they make them for garden hose. Of course the pressure washer foamer results are better.

5gbsapxfe3sf.png

We started out with Griots Garage Hose foam sprayer which works ok. Nothing like the pressure washer but it was fun and a great way to get into foaming.
    We use 2 to 3 buckets to do a wash. One for the tires and 1 to 2 for the paint. I don't always use the 2 bucket method for washing as I just use the grit guard and ring the microfiber wash mitt out before re dunking for soap. The Tires always gets it's own bucket.
    Chemicals I really like Griots Garage stuff as well as Adam's Polishess44ybig6b040.jpg
    and Chemical Guys. I messed around with Jay Leno's Garage detail products and they also work wonderfully well. Maguire's and Mothers are always good go to back up products if you need something local as they are usually all in stock everywhere.
    Dan
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited September 2019
    I started with the Chemical Guys basic kit, got from Costco for $69.99 that included
    the bucket/strainer thing, a bunch of 16 oz. bottles (wheel, glass, rim cleaners, Honeydew soap, Butter WetWax, assortment of brushes and applicators), and the spray attachment for the garden hose. I thought it was a decent value for the money.

After a few months I got the Foam Cannon for the pressure washer, it leaves the other one, well, in the dust. Having a cleaning co. meant I have more micro cloths than I will probably ever need, but I also bought a few waffle-weave drying towels that I really like. Reading some of the threads here over the past year or so got me to try Collinite
    wax, as well as a Mothers clay bar kit. This stuff is kind of addictive, and it's nice when
    you finish a car and can admire your efforts. Until you have to do the other 3.... :(
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mantis
    polrbehr wrote: »
    I started with the Chemical Guys basic kit, got from Costco for $69.99 that included
    the bucket/strainer thing, a bunch of 16 oz. bottles (wheel, glass, rim cleaners, Honeydew soap, Butter WetWax, assortment of brushes and applicators), and the spray attachment for the garden hose. I thought it was a decent value for the money.

After a few months I got the Foam Cannon for the pressure washer, it leaves the other one, well, in the dust. Having a cleaning co. meant I have more micro cloths than I will probably ever need, but I also bought a few waffle-weave drying towels that I really like. Reading some of the threads here over the past year or so got me to try Collinite
    wax, as well as a Mothers clay bar kit. This stuff is kind of addictive, and it's nice when
    you finish a car and can admire your efforts. Until you have to do the other 3.... :(
    When my son and I where trying out different products, it started to become an issue for me. I go all in and keep going. I started to get excited just to go out and buy new stuff. I get into things and then go mad. We figured out quickly what we liked and didn't like as much.
    We have a pretty solid mix of Adam's Griots Garage and Chemical Guys. This is where we live and I think any one of them can supply the full gambit but it's funner to buy from all 3. What's really nice about Chemical guys and Griots Garage is we can buy locally. Adam's we get models from Amazon or from them direct. It comes in like a day or 2 but if you need something right now, you can jump in the ride and go pick something up. Adam's we would use more of if they sold locally.

Dan
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    @mantis, ordered the Trinova Foam Cannon after reading this and it'll arrive in the AM. Had snow over the weekend, so not sure I'll be able to use it this year, but it'll be ready to fire in the spring. Looking forward to experimenting on the wife's and my cars. Thanks for posting.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • polrbehr
    Mantis to store guy: What products do you carry for detailing cars?

Store guy: We carry a bunch things from all different brands, like Griots, Chemical Guys, etc.

Mantis: Excellent, give me too many of each kind!

If that's your work shop/shelf, my imagination of a conversation you may have is not far off, is it? LOL ;)
    Seeing that pic of what looks like CG Quick Detailer reminded me that I tried one from
    Eagle One (Wipe & Shine Detailer), it works well and smells great too. I also like Turtle Wax Max car wash, you dilute it based on the level of filth you're trying to remove!
    It's almost like audio gear, you can try a bunch of things and mix and match to your hearts content.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

• mantis
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Mantis to store guy: What products do you carry for detailing cars?

Store guy: We carry a bunch things from all different brands, like Griots, Chemical Guys, etc.

Mantis: Excellent, give me too many of each kind!

If that's your work shop/shelf, my imagination of a conversation you may have is not far off, is it? LOL ;)
    Seeing that pic of what looks like CG Quick Detailer reminded me that I tried one from
    Eagle One (Wipe & Shine Detailer), it works well and smells great too. I also like Turtle Wax Max car wash, you dilute it based on the level of filth you're trying to remove!
    It's almost like audio gear, you can try a bunch of things and mix and match to your hearts content.
    Actually it was like give me 3 of each LOL. Like audio I need to learn EVERYTHING about it. I don't go some in I go all in. I probably watched more youtube video on detailing then any non professional should. What's really cool is my son is also all in so we bounce our opinions off each other. I also have joined a few forums LOL. I got issues I know.
    Dan
  • polrbehr
    What's great is, you share what you learn with us here, as do lots of other folks. That's what got me really looking into different things about car care. My brother in law also has "the bug", we share ideas with each other all the time too.

• Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    I use a foam cannon on a few of my vehicles and the only extra advice I would give is to watch out for the max. PSI of your pressure washer versus what the max. PSI your foam cannon is rated for.
    Some commercial gas power washers are much higher than many cannons are rated for. A high quality cannon is not cheap and you could pop it very easily if not careful.

I use both Chemical Guys Honeydew snow foam & Autoglym Polar Blast snow foam. Both do the job and I stock up on whatever comes up on sale first when I get low.

I use 2 5 gallon buckets with grates for the paint. I have a smaller Chemical Guys bucket with grate for the wheels.

I also have a HOG blaster that I use for the matte paint on my Harley and I also use that to dry my black car. Heated high force air makes quick work of drying so no scratches, streaks or water spots.

Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I dunno Dan, Foam cannon ?? Sounds more like a sex toy to me.....and seeing how it works, kinda confirms that notion. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mantis
    tonyb wrote: »
    I dunno Dan, Foam cannon ?? Sounds more like a sex toy to me.....and seeing how it works, kinda confirms that notion. :)
    I think every man should experience it at least once in his life my friend.

Dan
  • polrbehr
    This is a picture of my daughters’ Xterra about 2 minutes after hitting it with the foam cannon. FYI the factory color is called Super Black though it’s hard to tell now. I wanted to reiterate what’s been said about these things, and encourage those who may be on the fence about them to take another look.
    FWIW I have a cheap ($79) electric pressure washer, only about 1500 psi but it’s more than adequate for cars.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Ok, so I have to admit, when I first seen the title of this thread, I was thinking about this

https://youtu.be/2m4dJDM9KZE
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    tonyb wrote: »

I knew a gal that used foam for birth control.

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    bet that was messy....