Nelson Pass Amp Camp Monoblocks

Options
2»

Comments

• Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Bump for the seller. I bought a pair of these to build, hoping to put them together soon. Nelson Pass fans LOVE these amps. Pass chose to use the switching power supplies for three reasons - one, so that novice builders could build these amps safely, two to keep the price down and the kits accessible, and three, because he doesn't think that a more robust power supply would noticeably improve the sound.

To Heiney - yes, you can build a traditional power supply. If you go through the thread you can find examples.

One more reason to buy this pair - I don't think that the red and black chassis is available any longer (just the black and silver). This looks to be one of the finest examples of the amp camp amp I've ever seen. If you've ever wondered what all the fuss was about Nelson Pass and "tubey" solid state, this is your chance to hear a prime example on the cheap.

My only question is, how can the builder part with them?
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,556
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The builder has another - just not in this beautiful red chassis (which also matches the Bottlehead pre-amp in one of my other sales!)

And thank you for the bump!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • singletrackrod
    Options
    Still for sale?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    well, I know that one of them isn't :)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    well, I know that one of them isn't :)

I do too! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,556
    Options
    Sorry, this store is out with no plans for more.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire