One speaker 2 feet into room the other 7" What to do? Placement of SRS SDA 2.3 TL

I have a 2' recess on the Front wall behind my right speaker and it's placement now is about 2' 7" out into the room, putting it in plane with my left speaker. The left speaker can be placed as close to the wall as I want. What to do?

Best Answer

Answers

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Pictures?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Get some 2 x 4s and frame a wall at the front of the recess. Nail up some sheetrock. Throw some joint compound on any gaps. Don't worry about paint. Replace right speaker 7" from new wall.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    How do the speakers sound already? There may be less low bass reinforcement from one speaker or it may not matter at all depending on the room.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Bass is a difficult frequency for your brain to locate where it's specifically coming from so it shouldn't affect imaging much if at all. If there's dead even bass coming out of each speaker exactly you MIGHT notice that it sounds like it's coming slightly left of center instead of dead center as an example. It's probably not a big deal in that regard though. The only big issue is you're losing some bass in general from the right speaker.

Does it sound fine to you as is?

I've never tried listening like that, and I could be wrong, but it seems like not too big of an issue if you're happy with the current bass performance.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk