This really bugs me and the wife. Suggestions anyone

a74qmgvdapdd.jpg
4ovalfo9j4xk.jpg

So the Wife was playing Grand Theft Auto the other day and noticed this little bug must of worked it's way behind the screen on the 4k Sony. It appears to be be a little ant, anyone have an Idea how to get it out of there with out taking the Sony apart? You can see it right bottom corner of the stacked cartons and on another shot with more of a white background.

I'm hoping the little critter will dry up and I can turn up the bass on the Zvox it sits on and let it rattle to the bottom. I tried a compressed air can and tried blasting it out of there, that didnt work. Its driving the wife Crazy when she watches something and there is that little critter is taking up screen space. I'm hoping someone has some advice on removing this bug it's hard not noticing it now that we know its there.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Are you sure it's a bug and not a dead pixel
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    It's got these little feet on it definitely a tiny little ant.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Drill a hole where the bug is and let him out...

Can’t say I’ve ever seen that before.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbiron wrote: »

He had to get in somehow. Spray the beotch down with Raid..
  • gudnoyez
    Yeah it's not moving raid wont be necessary, however she asked if any of the fine forum members at Polk Audio have come up with a solution yet. Usually she says what your on the Polk site again sarcastically, now she's asking me to ask everyone on the forum for advice.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    well can't say I have ever seen or heard of that Steve. My first thought was air as well. Break out the Binford 6600 air compressor and hit it with 135psi.........
    yea don't do that.... as you know things will come flying off inside before it moves the bug. Turn TV upside down and sideways see it it falls. it's all I got.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Get the garden hose out and flood the tv from the top down...

Sarcastic reply offered courtesy of the Polk Forum... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    You might already be on to something....You could display a bright white image, get a queen, a few workers.....fill it with sand, and have one of the largest back-lit ant farms around.... B)

Just some more CP humor.

In all seriousness...that's a new one for me, aside from light taps to hopefully dislodge him not sure what to do aside from taking it apart...suspect that as a last resort.
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    If you can fit a small, very thin magnetic strip "inside" the screen, you could move it around with a more powerful magnet on the outside of the screen, and perhaps "sweep" it out?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I would think you'd need to pull the TV apart or pay a repairman to pull the TV apart.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • These T.V.'s are not too bad to pull apart. Once you get the back covers off, the bezels snap off around the outsides, and you can lift the screen and diffusers up after undoing the ribbon cables. There's not much to them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    mrbiron wrote: »

Lordy, I love this place.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Revenge of the Anthropod
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Emlyn wrote: »
    ...use a rubber suction cup on the screen to move the protective screen layer a tiny bit away from the inner screen layer so the critter's body has room to move downward....

This^^

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    daddyjt wrote: »
    ...use a rubber suction cup on the screen to move the protective screen layer a tiny bit away from the inner screen layer so the critter's body has room to move downward....

This^^

seems like a very good idea, although (at least given my luck) it may be something of a process to get the critter's earthly remains out of the visible image area.

:|

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    ^^^^^
    The display of wisdom here goes to 11

Well played Sir!
  • mhardy6647
    edited September 2019
    DaveHo wrote: »
    ... The best solution is to upgrade to the latest TOTL set which just so happens to be hermetically sealed against bug infiltration.

I believe that's the "SE" version; costs just 30% more than the base "UltraDeluxeSupreme" model.

The high-end Signature edition can actually be repaired rather than just replaced when it bricks.

:|

• I know "buzz kill" buy a new TV! Deals are crazy right now.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • gudnoyez
    Didn't know about this or that getting bugs inside the screen was possible, but Youtube did...electric toothbrush. Also combined with a suggestion to use a rubber suction cup on the screen to move the protective screen layer a tiny bit away from the inner screen layer so the critter's body has room to move downward:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0dH4c4t5Tw

Good Idea will have to go to Costco and by a electric toothbrush, I'm wondering what type of suction cup, I will have to go to the hobby stores or Bed Bath and Beyond and search for one. Thanks for the advice.
    DaveHo wrote: »
    The suction cup idea sounds plausible. With my luck, I'd end up with a streak of bug dust as it fell downward. Yep, no doubt about it. This is the perfect opportunity to convince the wife failure is eminent. The best solution is to upgrade to the latest TOTL set which just so happens to be hermetically sealed against bug infiltration.

Thanks for making me have 2nd thoughts that would really big the wife having a trail of bug dust going across the screen.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Costco=new TV...why didn't I mention that in my first reply. Smoking deals to be had. 8K is what's up!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Costco=new TV...why didn't I mention that in my first reply. Smoking deals to be had. 8K is what's up!

Only until January when the 32k sets come out... ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Costco=new TV...why didn't I mention that in my first reply. Smoking deals to be had. 8K is what's up!

Only until January when the 32k sets come out... ;)

That's right..I did get that memo this morning. What's a guy tado????
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Buy a 4K that works now, enjoy it, and STFU about 8K. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Let's "get back" to The Beatles , shall we? (See what I did there)🎩
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Steve,

Aside from taking it apart, unplug the TV, TILT IT....the weight of the outside screen may cause some separation, enough so that you can just wiggle the tv and get that bug to move down out of sight. Maybe a few taps to the side too while it's tilted.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    It should decompose and go away eventually. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • mhardy6647
    yeah, but that chitin (beta(1,4) linked N-acetylglucosamine polymer) is pretty darned stable. Boiling it in fairly concentrated hydrochloric acid will break it down to glucosamine, but I doubt the TV would appreciate the process.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    It should decompose and go away eventually. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Maybe bro.....I've had a bee stuck inside my tail light cover on the car, for 8 years now and it's still there.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable