"Linda Ronstadt Has Found Another Voice"

mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
edited September 2019 in Music & Movies

Comments

• I watched her interview by 60 minutes earlier this year, very good it was. You can probably find it online.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • What a doll.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• Absolutely a doll. Love me some Linda.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Always loved Linda's music. Huge part of our life soundtrack from when I fell in love with my wife (33rd anniversary yesterday). The first night I spent with her, Hasten Down the Wind, Simple Dreams, and Prisoner in Disguise played several times on an old stackable record player.

Spring break at the beach + Woman of My Dreams + Linda + Beer = Happiness. I'm as lucky as they come. Listening to Hasten Down the Wind and watching the waves now with wife humming along. Bliss.

hqdefault.jpg

Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited September 2019
    Absolutely a doll. Love me some Linda.

You can say that again!

3a5945zqx0h2.jpeg

The first album is my favorite. Simply angelic.
    Brush up on your Español and give the third one a listen
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog wrote: »
    Absolutely a doll. Love me some Linda.

You can say that again!

3a5945zqx0h2.jpeg

The first album is my favorite. Simply angelic.
    Brush up on your Español and give the third one a listen

Oh I'm a big fan of her Spanish music, being from Arizona I'm around it a lot. Doesn't hurt that my wife is from the same area Linda was raised.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Rick,
    Impressive LR collection. Add this one to your photos.

x2nbttta5ffu.png

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Missing her best album cover...

h2echrcmi629.jpg
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    edited September 2019
    A year ago last Spring I made an epic road trip from Seattle out to No Carolina/TN, and back (6400 miles) visiting old Army buddies and cities (Nashville, Chattanooga, Huntsville (Space program), Denver, Las Vegas, etc) and some tourist attractions. One of my best stops was Muscle Shoals, AL. If you haven't seen this documentary film then you really need to. Anyway, here's a pic in the early days of Linda recording at Muscle Shoals Sound Studios. BTW, FAME Studio is the other reknown music recording studio in the area, and WAS the founding studio that introduced the world to the 'Muscle Shoals' sound.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_Shoals_(film)) bcdtu00z888q.jpg
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • Rick88 wrote: »
    The Temptations Lyrics

"My Girl"

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
    When it's cold outside I've got the month of May

I guess you'd say
    What can make me feel this way?
    My girl (my girl, my girl)
    Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl)

I've got so much honey the bees envy me
    I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees

Well, I guess you'd say

Hey hey hey
    Hey hey hey
    Ooooh

I don't need no money, fortune or fame
    I've got all the riches, baby, one man can claim

Well, I guess you'd say

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
    With my girl
    I've even got the month of May
    With my girl
    Talkin' 'bout
    Talkin' 'bout
    Talkin' 'bout
    My girl
    Ooooh
    My girl
    As long as I can talk about my girl...written by Smokey Robinsin & Ronnie White of the then " The Miracles" produced for the Temps. Great tune.

bi8ti0f2ohgg.jpg
    bi5q3x33srhb.jpg
    nuavz74n8oed.jpeg
    kgcudcuk6kdr.jpg
    ne01uf983jp7.png

"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • I had time to take a picture of my collection. Listening to Live in Hollywood on the SDAs now.

qlm94db9zxwd.jpg

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited September 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Just posted to The New Yorker online -- new interview with Linda Ronstadt.

gah6dy3ao6mt.png

Looks like she needs to start exercising and lose 20 pounds.
    Post edited by BlueFox on
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Pretty hard to do considering her current ailments.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    Linda Ronstadt will be awarded the Kennedy Center Honors later this year. She said she will try to attend the presentation in Washington DC.

Btw, Linda's "Cry Like A Rainstorm...." is a fabulous album. One of her biggest selling albums and multiple Grammy winner.

7169434520_5de47c8bd1.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    A rerun of a 2013 interview with her by Terry Gross is on Fresh Air even as I am typing this.

:p
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2019
    I am listening right now, doubt many here listen to NPR.

• mhardy6647
    I am listening right now, doubt many here listen to NPR.

I dunno -- there're some intriguingly complex people here (and I mean that in a positive way). After six decades, I've gotten a little better at not pre-judging people. Only a little... but a little. :|

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/13/760502128/linda-ronstadt-on-making-music-i-knew-how-to-sing-my-whole-life