New Sunfire Sig

Options
Bought a 2 channel sig of a member And boy what a deal, Its like brand new.
Was recapped . Also has amp plate/original box and manual.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    You have my deepest sympathies...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    What you don't like Sunfire ?
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I love Sunfire actually. Yours is a really good amp. I also know the guy you bought it from.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    It sounds Amazing!!!! The guy had alot of really nice equipment. Very knowledgeable.
    Smoke free home. I had this same amp about five years ago and had to sell it when I got laid off. This one sounds better then my last one. I had the plastic speaker connects, this one has the gold metal ones.
  • rebelsoul
    Options
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Strange.....
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    What is a '2 channel sig'? I have a Sunfire TGA-5400, 5 channel amp, that I use for my center, and two rear speakers in my HT.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited September 2019
    Options
    You paid WAY too much, IMNSHO.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    How ya doin' there Z...

• BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    Options
    Big fan of the Sunfire amps...

BDT
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    I detect shenanigans.

iz706nc67br4.jpg
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    Going price on these are $2000 to 2600 depending on condition.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    edited September 2019
    Options
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    I'd like to also share my experience buying a vintage Yamaha CA-1010 from a guy named Josh in Arvada, CO. Coolest dude I've ever met, very handsome, lots of great equipment, very knowledgeable. Only paid $100. 10/10 would buy from him before anyone in the future.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I'd like to also share my experience buying a vintage Yamaha CA-1010 from a guy named Josh in Arvada, CO. Coolest dude I've ever met, very handsome, lots of great equipment, very knowledgeable. Only paid $100. 10/10 would buy from him before anyone in the future.

I hear he’s 6’2 225 and built like the rock...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

You heard right. The rumors that he's 5'4" 120 pounds and looks like he's 18 instead of the 35 he claims to be was put out there by haters.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    And just so happened to join or in this case register here to tell us all about it. 🍿
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »

You heard right. The rumors that he's 5'4" 120 pounds and looks like he's 18 instead of the 35 he claims to be was put out there by haters.

Haters gonna hate!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    rebelsoul wrote: »

I strongly suggest you get that amp to someone that knows Sunfire - the work done on it was done by someone that is not familiar with Sunfire. Further, the person that did the work did not have access to the service manual for correct calibration after the recap, nor did he have access to required service bulletins.

There’s more to refreshing vintage gear than just swapping out capacitors.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    rebelsoul wrote: »

I strongly suggest you get that amp to someone that knows Sunfire - the work done on it was done by someone that is not familiar with Sunfire. Further, the person that did the work did not have access to the service manual for correct calibration after the recap, nor did he have access to required service bulletins.

There’s more to refreshing vintage gear than just swapping out capacitors.

This times 1000....

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    And just so happened to join or in this case register here to tell us all about it. 🍿

True, but this is important information that far outweighs the release of Polk's new Legend Series. I feel honored that we were given the opportunity to share rebelsoul's good fortune. I only wish others here could be so lucky as to acquire a statement piece that has been so lovingly updated.

s64dyu9l3n1i.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    Options

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Smells like Fast Times at Ridgemont High.....
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Oh, it smells alright.....bad too.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    edited September 2019
    Options
    ….

• BlueFox
    Options
    Is this what you are talking about?

http://stereotimes.com/amp010500.shtml

If so then it was $3K list in 2000. So it certainly isn’t selling for $2K in 2019.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

If so then it was $3K list in 2000. So it certainly isn’t selling for $2K in 2019.

yes that is the model... ALTHOUGH the original seller was selling it as the Signature 2 625 x 2 into 8ohm. NOW all things considered that (power) in itself is not that big of a deal EXCEPT that when the Sig 1 went into production they had some how do we say it... hiccups and so they completely REDESIGNED it and called it the Sig 2 with a better beefier torrid with better shielding around the torrid and all the boards and binding post went to one side so the huge flux of the torrid didn't bleed into the boards and binding post that were on each side of the SIG 1 amp YOU have and create a hum, whine or whatever you want to call it. THAT they were known for. That was the reason there was a large amount of updates and service bulletins to the Sig 1 which the OP (YOU) have. These were the hard questions the original owner refused to answer and thought that just because he and another guy had electronics experience that just doing the recap and it was golden. Well I ask you this, Many people are car mechanics BUT that does mean they are well versed on every car. You certainly would not take your fancy European sports car to a Dodge mechanic expecting him to be able to know which service updates your European car needs to be able to run at its top performance potential. I actually talked to the 1 of 2 folks who actually does have the knowledge and more importantly the service manuals and all the schematics plus the skillset as he was trained BY the builder and designer of the actual amps and built them at the actual factory when they were current. That amp you have actually has a flaw in that someone ACTUALLY grabbed the WRONG back plate to build the amp. It has listed by the IEC power input socket 10amp 250v fuse. THAT IS COMPLETELY WRONG. It should say 15amp 250v fuse. If it is running a 10amp fuse it will NEVER run correctly or to its full potential. I know this because I sent pictures AND ran the serial number through this gentleman to get the answers that the original owner refused to answer. SO he left me no choice but to go to the guy who can actually work on them in his sleep and blindfolded with one arm tied behind his back.

To the OP of this post

IF you are not the original seller masquerading as the new owner then YOU also need to ask yourself these hard questions.

Did the original seller ask you to come here and post? IF so ask yourself why would he do that? After all he came here to gloat about selling it to you for 2400.00 and how we all snoozed and lost. That was not the case at all!! There was folks interested but after the seller refused to answer PM's directed to him about the amp and refused to answer open questions on the forum about what service was done AND WHO actually did the work on the amp. Well then you to need to wonder about the INTEGRITY of the seller and the work that was done to the amp.

I'm 100% behind @daddyjt and his comment.

See WHAT YOU do not understand is a few of us here on this forum ACTUALLY know Bob Carver and had him come to our house or went to his and actually built amps or spent a weekend with him at Carver fest or just talk to the man as a friend.

• BlueFox
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »

yes that is the model... ALTHOUGH the original seller was selling it as the Signature 2 625 x 2 into 8ohm. NOW all things considered that (power) in itself is not that big of a deal EXCEPT that when the Sig 1 went into production they had some how do we say it... hiccups and so they completely REDESIGNED it and called it the Sig 2 with a better beefier torrid with better shielding around the torrid and all the boards and binding post went to one side so the huge flux of the torrid didn't bleed into the boards and binding post that were on each side of the SIG 1 amp YOU have and create a hum, whine or whatever you want to call it. THAT they were known for. That was the reason there was a large amount of updates and service bulletins to the Sig 1 which the OP (YOU) have. These were the hard questions the original owner refused to answer and thought that just because he and another guy had electronics experience that just doing the recap and it was golden. Well I ask you this, Many people are car mechanics BUT that does mean they are well versed on every car. You certainly would not take your fancy European sports car to a Dodge mechanic expecting him to be able to know which service updates your European car needs to be able to run at its top performance potential. I actually talked to the 1 of 2 folks who actually does have the knowledge and more importantly the service manuals and all the schematics plus the skillset as he was trained BY the builder and designer of the actual amps and built them at the actual factory when they were current. That amp you have actually has a flaw in that someone ACTUALLY grabbed the WRONG back plate to build the amp. It has listed by the IEC power input socket 10amp 250v fuse. THAT IS COMPLETELY WRONG. It should say 15amp 250v fuse. If it is running a 10amp fuse it will NEVER run correctly or to its full potential. I know this because I sent pictures AND ran the serial number through this gentleman to get the answers that the original owner refused to answer. SO he left me no choice but to go to the guy who can actually work on them in his sleep and blindfolded with one arm tied behind his back.

To the OP of this post

IF you are not the original seller masquerading as the new owner then YOU also need to ask yourself these hard questions.

Did the original seller ask you to come here and post? IF so ask yourself why would he do that? After all he came here to gloat about selling it to you for 2400.00 and how we all snoozed and lost. That was not the case at all!! There was folks interested but after the seller refused to answer PM's directed to him about the amp and refused to answer open questions on the forum about what service was done AND WHO actually did the work on the amp. Well then you to need to wonder about the INTEGRITY of the seller and the work that was done to the amp.

I'm 100% behind @daddyjt and his comment.

See WHAT YOU do not understand is a few of us here on this forum ACTUALLY know Bob Carver and had him come to our house or went to his and actually built amps or spent a weekend with him at Carver fest or just talk to the man as a friend.

Wow. Interesting. Remind me not to get on your bad side. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Didn't we just get a lesson on how we should be treating new members? You guys are so mean.