NICE Hales Revelation 2 floorstanding speakers in oak w boxes

Selling my pair of Hales Revelation 2 floorstanding speakers . This pair is in oak and all drivers and cabinets are in great shape and the speakers work perfectly. Includes original boxes and packing. These speakers were made by Hales Design Group and are built like tanks (each weighs 70lbs) and have a very similar build to a Thiel with thick non resonant cabinets.
1 inch Vifa aluminum tweeter
4.5 inch Vifa midrange
8 inch woofer in acoustic suspension cabinet
Cardas wiring
Response 40HZ to 26KHZ
There are many reviews about this speaker online. I have owned many speakers and this is near the top of the list Very natural slightly warm sound and the bass is way better then the CS2 I had. Does great with voices. Very musical. The bass is tighter and different the all the ported systems out there as it is a good old acoustic suspension design (sealed cabinet) and that makes a difference The original owner removed the grills (thought they sounded better without them). He bizarre metal framework and filled in the holes. Did a great job.. Would really prefer local pickup but shipped could be arranged Asking $650 Thanks

f4ylzudic4nj.jpg
iw8l6sotkhzx.jpg
4ixjhm7jrdf7.jpg
k5um6u598l2y.jpg
k5um8l1886kg.jpg
cv88gzcaq5cs.jpg

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    those are really tempting. Glad you're not local geppy...

GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited August 2019
    If you haven’t heard Hales, you’ve missed out. I happen to have the successor to these, the transcendence 4’s(I think) and they are my dailies.

Don’t worry about the grills, these are beautiful without them.

By they, they displaced my Vandersteen 2C’s. And, that was not accomplished by another other speaker so for, including many SDA’s that have passed through.

By the way way, Kieth is a great seller to work with.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I might be going to MN for my yearly trip in mid September or end of October. Anyone in IL, Wisconsin, or within a few hours of me, i can transport.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    If shipping was an option I'd jump.
  • rooftop59
    edited August 2019
    kharp1 wrote: »

I mean @geppy1 did say shipping could be arranged?!? Might be cost prohibitive however...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    rooftop59 wrote: »

I mean @geppy1 did say shipping could be arranged?!? Might be cost prohibitive however...

I'm sure it can be arranged, not sure that's an option cost wise.
  • rooftop59

Only one way to find out hehehe...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

@erniejade mentioned picking them up, that at least gets em from MN to Chicago.......

Anyone else want to Polk express them closer? I dont "plan" on being in Chicago anytime soon that I'm aware of or I'd volunteer.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Hi These can be shipped using my Fedex account Shipping for both boxes depending on where you are would run $120 to $180 for both
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    erniejade wrote: »
    I might be going to MN for my yearly trip in mid September or end of October. Anyone in IL, Wisconsin, or within a few hours of me, I can transport.
    Wow, there's actually some speakers up that way in Prior Lake that I'm interested in. Also, I remember you stating that your Mom lived in Crown Point also. I might have to hire you for transport service if you would be willing.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • rooftop59
    ^^^seems like PM material there bud...

Seems like an incredible deal on these speakers!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Yep shes in crown point. I am always willing to help folks out here to make audio deals possible. I have actually picked up speakers from @geppy1 before. My last trip, i grabbed some speakers from Rich, dropped them off in Wisconsin, picked up speakers in Mn, brought them back to Il for Tony.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    Jeezuz.....these are, if not destination speakers, not far from it. They will definately keep you off the upgrade wagon for awhile.

Lots of great sound for not a lot of coin, brohams.

BDT
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    I used to own the Revelation one bookies. The only real issue as with most bookshelf
    speakers was it needed more bass. These AREN'T going to have that issue!
    At this price somebody needs them.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59
    I keep thinking about these...I am loving my Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii. can help but wonder how they compare???
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • BDT
    For not a lot of coin, you could find out...
  • rooftop59
    BDT wrote: »
    For not a lot of coin, you could find out...

yea I know, but I am already sitting on a couple pairs of speakers that I need to sell, and as this thread shows the towers are a little harder to unload...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • BDT
    Preach, brother, preach!!

I'm in the same boat.....

BDT