WTB MW 6503

I’m looking for 2 MW 6503 for my SRS’s. I have two dented dust caps that are driving me crazy. I’d really prefer used ones so that they sonically match what I already have.
2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    use a vacuum to pull them out, I've done it many many times. PM my if you like.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    edited July 2019
    I tried the scotch tape trick with success. Try many different times, each time using a bit more tape and a bit more pressure. The best luck I've had was about a dime size hold and a quick tug, slower pulls and the tape peels off.

I had to re-write that previous sentence about 4 times....lol.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    I’ve tried scotch, and duct tape. Nothing. I tried the pin. Nothing. I tried the vacuum, still nothing. Pictures are in the thread SDA SRS Upgrade, in the Vintage Speaker category. I may try again tomorrow.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Did you put an L bend in the pin?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xsmi
    A little one. It may not have been long enough.
  • ADJ
    ADJ Posts: 46
    MW6503 is the same mids used in the SDA2B, right? If so, I should have a couple lying around here somewhere. If you still need them I will give you the same offer I gave someone looking for RD0-194s...shipping plus the price of a good 6-pack. :)
  • ADJ
    ADJ Posts: 46
    I do have 2 MW6503s if you want them.
  • ADJ, i would be interested in one of 6503's if xsmi went another route.
    Thanks.
  • xsmi
    @ADJ PM Sent.