well -- Neil Young's in our corner. That's good... I... guess...? ;)

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    We need some contemporary artists to join him to really make a sizeable impact, unfortunately I'm afraid they DGAF (ignorance is bliss or some such BS)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    'e's writ* a bleedin' book, 'e 'as...

Are you going senile living in the boonies? :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Just gettin' in touch with my inner Scouse (or Cockney, as the case may be).

Cor.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    I prefer pikey meself...ya like daigs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDO-9hfaiI
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    So he wrote a book, eh?
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2019
    I prefer pikey meself...ya like daigs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDO-9hfaiI

Pikey?! Crikies!
    That would probably fry ol' Neil's brain :p

https://youtu.be/ye5BuYf8q4o?t=51

EDIT: PS I learned something from the previous post. :) Every day one learns something new (and, of course, one doesn't die) is a pretty good day in my book.

:)

• Irrespective of these jokes I want you to focus on this Here is the best guide to earn the 200 dollars guide which is worth reading.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    zohasoto wrote: »
    Irrespective of these jokes I want you to focus on this Here is the best guide to earn the 200 dollars guide which is worth reading.
    Sign me up now spammer!

• mhardy6647
    the 200 dollars?

I always wanted the 200 dollars!

Guide me, please...

ahem.

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited September 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    the 200 dollars?

I always wanted the 200 dollars!

Guide me, please...

ahem.

Actually, from the looks of it, we are... uh, earning the guide to earning the 200 dollars guide, with which we can earn the 200 dollars. 🤔 ;)
  • mhardy6647
    That sounds like mid level marketing to me.

;)
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2020
    Y'all likely know that ol' Neil is at it again...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/28/21091655/neil-young-podcast-vergecast-interview-phil-baker-book-pono-hi-res-audio

Well, amongst the chatter I've seen at various hifi fora, I found this link to an amusing anecdote about Mr. Young, as told by his (erstwhile) colleague, Graham Nash. From Nash's ca. 2013 book. My apologies if you've -- umm -- heard this before. It was new to me.
    :)
    Graham Nash, of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, has a new book out, Wild Tales: A Rock & Roll Life. And that means he's doing interviews, many interviews. A couple of weeks ago, he spent an excellent hour on The Howard Stern Show (seriously). Next, it was off to chat with the more cerebral Terry Gross on NPR's Fresh Air.

In the midst of the interview <see link below>, Gross asked Nash to talk about his friendship with Neil Young, a man Nash has called "the strangest of my friends." Just what makes him strange? Nash explains:

The man is totally committed to the muse of music. And he'll do anything for good music. And sometimes it's very strange. I was at Neil's ranch one day just south of San Francisco, and he has a beautiful lake with red-wing blackbirds. And he asked me if I wanted to hear his new album, "Harvest." And I said sure, let's go into the studio and listen.

Oh, no. That's not what Neil had in mind. He said get into the rowboat.

I said get into the rowboat? He said, yeah, we're going to go out into the middle of the lake. Now, I think he's got a little cassette player with him or a little, you know, early digital format player. So I'm thinking I'm going to wear headphones and listen in the relative peace in the middle of Neil's lake.

Oh, no. He has his entire house as the left speaker and his entire barn as the right speaker. And I heard "Harvest" coming out of these two incredibly large loud speakers louder than hell. It was unbelievable. Elliot Mazer, who produced Neil, produced "Harvest," came down to the shore of the lake and he shouted out to Neil: How was that, Neil?

And I swear to [g]od, Neil Young shouted back: More barn!

http://www.openculture.com/2013/10/great-story-how-neil-young-introduced-his-classic-1972-album-harvest-to-graham-nash.html

https://www.npr.org/2013/10/15/234683906/graham-nash-has-wild-tales-to-spare