A couple of questions about system set up

ektweetyektweety Posts: 2
I have the following components:
Polk Audio Speakers TSi400
Polk Audio Subwoofer PSW111
Pioneer VSX-524-K Receiver
SONY CDPCE500 5 disc changer

The subwoofer when plugged in will have a very low hum, even if it's not connected to the receiver. I also just want a rundown on what would be the best way to connect the speakers so that I can make sure I have it all at least set up right. I don't use this as a home theater system, its strictly for music.

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,737
    The hum is a ground loop, try a ground isolation plug in either the sub or receiver. But better yet, dump the receiver and step into a dedicated 2 channel unit. It will suit your use much better.
  • ektweetyektweety Posts: 2
    I will definately look into that, but that is what I have right now. I just realized that the subwoofer is not working at all...no output whatsoever...so I may have more of a problem then I originally thought.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,958
    The plate amp is bad. Time for a new sub.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk