oppo205 output impedance

Does anyone have the details of the oppo205's output impedance?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Output Impedance: < 0.5 ohm
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    ok cheers,Even oppo here down under can't answer it and its not in the specs.I was told via a tech in sydney 200 ohms and was wondering if any one else could verify but now you have me double wondering Jess. :/ I need this information for transparent to calibrate a cable.
  • F1nut
    The info is here, https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/

Oddly, the Oppo UK site lists it at < 0.1 ohm.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Output impedance for what, audio or video?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ptrooper
    edited August 2019
    @blufox audio, balanced output! cheers
  • ptrooper
    edited August 2019
    F1nut wrote: »
    The info is here, https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/

Oddly, the Oppo UK site lists it at < 0.1 ohm.

Aussie specs say <0.1 also but its in the headphone outputs, they could be different due to voltage difference.

wouldn't be having this drama with a set of Mits B) just flick a switch
  • F1nut
    edited August 2019

Ah, you want the INPUT impedance of whatever you have the Oppo connected to. I was wondering why you were asking about output impedance.

President of Club Polk

• ptrooper
    F1nut wrote: »

Ah, you want the INPUT impedance of whatever you have the Oppo connected to. I was wondering why you were asking about output impedance.

No,its specifically the output impedance of the oppo205 that Transparent are chasing,
    I have an email between transparent and myself from Jan 2018 when i was querying about a Transparent cable setting needed for the oppo105 , they informed me it was 200 ohms output back then, you would hopefully think that they should have a close impedance now unless each model was dramatically changed.
    This cables is going straight to a power amp as i am using the oppo as a pre also.
  • Sean you are absolutely right about the MIT's/ You use the input impedance and then flick a switch!
    Try 'em
  • ptrooper
    edited August 2019
    Sean you are absolutely right about the MIT's/ You use the input impedance and then flick a switch!
    Try 'em

To late buddy,mm2 balanced and mm2 speaker cables are currently being reset right now ..they were Paragon trade ins.

I do like Mit allot though, love the idea of being able to change the settings! to be but quit honest ,i wouldn't know which model Mit would be on par with theTransparent mm2's

Post edited by ptrooper on
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Typically line outputs have an output impedance in the 100-200 ohms range. The headphone output impedance is ideally kept very low because it is driving a much lower load impedance than the line output.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    This thread may help if you haven't already seen it (Bob Pariseau's info)...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/2821841-official-oppo-udp-205-uhd-blu-ray-player-owner-s-thread-5.html

Opinion is the 205 isn't specifically built to replace a preamp although it can be successfully used that way if set up optimally.
  • ptrooper
    Emlyn wrote: »
    This thread may help if you haven't already seen it (Bob Pariseau's info)...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/2821841-official-oppo-udp-205-uhd-blu-ray-player-owner-s-thread-5.html

Opinion is the 205 isn't specifically built to replace a preamp although it can be successfully used that way if set up optimally.

Thanks for that
    Joe Rasmussen “JLTI”has modified my 205 to his reference series two and informed me this is the best way to get more out the unit. He had no idea I was allready using its preamp capabilities directly to three sunfire signiture series 2’amps which have been upgraded via Bill Flannery’s instructions.
    I myself highly recommend using the pre but be sure to set its volume to variable before attempting.