No surround...yet

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    Fry's hasn't had any receivers in their add for over a month. For a time they were blowing out the Denon cheap.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    I have heard it said by some folks that Fry’s may be gone by end of the year. The store near me is a huge warehouse that used to be filled with anything you could possibly ever want or need, and it is nearly empty now. The parking lot was always packed and now there may be a twenty cars there, and 18 of those are employees.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lunazul
    lunazul Posts: 780
    Options

I have heard it said by some folks that Fry’s may be gone by end of the year. The store near me is a huge warehouse that used to be filled with anything you could possibly ever want or need, and it is nearly empty now. The parking lot was always packed and now there may be a twenty cars there, and 18 of those are employees.

The Austin store is also a shell of what it used to be.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    French_guy wrote: »
    Hello
    Any good deals at Fry's on receivers?

Is your search function broken?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrloren
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Hello

Wow, would have never thought Fry's would go out. I just checked inventory on some things at the San Diego area stores, looks cleaned out.

That will leave San Diego with Best Buy which is worthless for audio demo or good sales.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • French_guy
    French_guy Posts: 338
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Hello

Apparently............yes !
    RTiA5 + CSiA4 + Jamo SW410E
    Yamaha TSR-700 (equivalent to RX V6A)
    No surround...yet
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Options
    Same for the Fry's here in the East Bay of the Bay Area. Lots on empty shelf and an empty parking lot.
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    speakin' as an erstwhile "Bay Area" resident ('89 - '91) -- it's sad to hear of Fry's demise. :/
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Another notch for Amazon huh.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Another notch for Amazon huh.

Well, web commerce in general, methinks.
  • mrloren
    Options
    What really sucks is I live in San Diego, 8th largest city in the country. Fry's was the only place to go see mid-fi audio. it's either upper end or Best Buy now.

I was looking at the Fry's web site, items are either out of stock or selling at full price.

We do still have a nice ma&pa computer store with good prices that has managed to stay open.