Speaker system: RT55I, CS350-LS...

ewojer
ewojer Posts: 12
edited August 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I just found this forum tonight so I figured I'd post here before I put it on Facebook marketplace. A pieced together 5.1 system.

Main Speakers: RT 55i
Center: CS 350-LS
Sub: PSW 120
Rear: Basic Polk (not listed on speaker)

I know how much I put into these, just trying to price out this used. Everything is in good shape, I can post or send pics if anyone is interested.

These are heavy speakers so I would assume shipping them would not be cost effective. So if anyone is in the Wisconsin or Minnesota area is interested let me know.

Comments

• ewojer
    Also a Yamaha RX-V595 as well.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    You need 100 posts to sell here. Stick around.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ewojer
    Gotcha. Sorry about that. Facebook marketplace here I go I guess.
  • ewojer
    Thanks. I have loved my Polk's throughout the years, but 100 post seems like a lot.
  • ewojer
    Is this forum a good place to sell Polk stuff? Or is this a small community that already has the audio that they want?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Both...
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ewojer wrote: »
    Thanks. I have loved my Polk's throughout the years, but 100 post seems like a lot.

Have a look at how many posts of each of the people whom have responded to this thread. It's right next to their profile name. Then revisit that comment.
    Welcome to the forum.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    It won't take long to get to 100 posts. Lots of knowledgeable folks here.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    @ewojer, I will add that this is a great place to stay involved. I, like you, have been a Polk speaker enthusiast dating back to the early 1990s. Without the help, guidance, education, and overall friendship of MANY members of this forum, I would not even be close to where I am today in my audio (and audio/video) journey.

As frustrating as it may seem to have a requirement of 100 posts to sell here, it is for very good reasons. Establishing yourself as a trusted fellow audio enthusiast on this forum ensures that the transactions here are top-notch. Since we are such a close-knit community of 'friends' here, we always offer great deals on audio (and other) items that would often otherwise be unattainable due to higher prices. I've built several systems that I'm proud of, and without some of the fantastic deals and support here, I would not have been able to do that.

Peruse the other areas of the forum... you will get drawn in and get to know most of us better. Understand that since we are all so close and have established such a camaraderie, we often joke around with each other. Fear not, though. It's all in good fun!

Hope you stick around and let us help you spend your money!
  • ewojer
    Sounds good. Thank you for the welcoming opportunity!
  • ewojer
    So I have been out of the audio game for about 15 or 20 years. All my stuff used to be Polk Audio. Home speakers car speakers all that stuff. As I was looking at Best buy for a soundbar to replace my audio system I noticed that the Polk speakers that they had their we're significantly cheaper then what they used to be. In fact they never used to carry Polk Audio at Best buy because I believed it was too much of a high-end brand. Is that just a low-level of speaker or has Polk Audio change throughout the years?

And also are there any Polk sound bars that anyone would suggest? I am looking to save space, I know the sound quality will not be the same as my old phone system especially for listening to music.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    A pretty high percentage of posts are nonsense....just see all of my posts....so a 100 will come quickly😅
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Welcome @ewojer ! I still consider myself fairly new here, but during my time I've learned a lot, shared a lot, and got some great deals from folks here on CP!

When I first joined, like you was always a Polk fanboy, but the guys and gals here really opened my eyes (and ears) to what is possible in the world of audio.

And yes, they happily assisted me in spending money! :smile:

I'm not the same audio enthusiast anymore. I've grown. Lot's of advice here, inspiration, knowledge sharing, fierce debates, but most of all, camaraderie and good laughs!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.