Woodward Dream Cruise 2019

verb
verb Posts: 10,176
This is the time of year I look forward to every year. Been cruising Woodward during the summer ever since I moved to Michigan, and this particular day has evolved to the world's largest cruising event! In fact, the past few years I've been taking a week's vacation prior to the official day, as there are events all throughout the week!

58a7dmm77hqv.png
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/
Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    I've watched some videos of it and it always looked like a cool event. If I had a classic muscle car it would be on my bucket list.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Looking forward to lots of photos, have a great time Dave.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Verb my friend... You know perfectly well that threads such as this are completely useless without pictures.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    I plan too! Beginning next week when I’m on vacation, up until the official day which is 8/17/19. Can’t wait! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Thanks for sharing. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Please post a picture of the cruise ship you will be on. How many ports? :D
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • verb
    Next week I'll be on vacation, planned for the whole week, but more than likely beginning Wednesday.

Gotta love old cars. Reliability. Idiosyncrasies galore!

At the car show a few weeks ago, the relay for the electric radiator fan in the 59 went out, didn't notice that when I turned the car off that morning. The fan normally turns off a few minutes after the engine if off, but in this case is kept running. At the end of the day the battery was dead. Ugh. Got a jump from a good Samaritan at the show, and brought her home. So that night I bypassed the relay and jury rigged a toggle switch to control the fan. Works great! :smile:

And, the night before the show, one of the headlights went out when I took her for a test spin. All four are original vintage. Well that gave me an excuse to convert to LED's. They are original looking, with glass lenses in fact, but of course much brighter and IMO cooler looking. They arrived safely today!

So tomorrow I plan to tinker around some more with the 59. At least with these old girls, you can still work on em! Life is good! :smile:
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    verb wrote: »
    Got a jump from a good Samaritan at the show, and brought her home.

That's nice that you showed the woman who helped you some appreciation, but I can't imagine that your wife was any too happy. :o
  • verb
    Lol! :smile: Lot's of stories with the 59 before the restoration. She broke down many times, some requiring a flatbed tow truck. Believe me the Mrs was very happy when I gave the old girl (not the Mrs) the transformation! :smile:
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Lol! :smile: Lot's of stories with the 59 before the restoration. She broke down many times, some requiring a flatbed tow truck. Believe me the Mrs was very happy when I gave the old girl (not the Mrs) the transformation! :smile:

You CAD......instructor! :p
  • verb
    Starting tonight on Woodward. Roadkill Nights come to Pontiac Michigan! This event, allows street legal drag racing right on Woodward Avenue! :smile:

The city of Pontiac literally shuts down a stretch of a public street. They set up barricades, fences, firetrucks, etc., and let's anyone run the 1/4 mile strip. You can go head to head, or solo, just pay the entry fee ($10, IIRC) and let her rip! You get the official time sheet as well! Stock photos from previous years, as we plan to head out there tomorrow! Lot's of fun!
    j9rm0i3pzhm3.png
    rm0dtpvipty1.png
  • verb
    Next to the drag strip along Woodward is a fairly new venue called M1 Concourse. They have a private race track, event center, and "car condominiums" for sale. Below is from a few years back during construction. It is now complete. They will have a big car show next weekend during the cruise.

Ironically, this site used to be where the GM Truck validation center was located, of which I frequented throughout the years. That facility is just a memory now.
    qfoxkzet73nd.png
    Woodward is on the left where the drag strip will be this weekend!
  • verb
    edited August 2019
    Milito wrote: »
    I've watched some videos of it and it always looked like a cool event. If I had a classic muscle car it would be on my bucket list.

Milto the great thing about Woodward is everyone is welcome! You get a lot of daily drivers (the view is great cruising along from inside the car's perspective) Woodward is 4 lanes wide after all!

There is such a variety of vehicles. From the classics, antiques, muscle cars, supercars, esoterics, even modern prototypes (I expect a few C8's out there) to the just plain outrageous! Great event for everybody! :smile:
  • verb
    SSR is all cleaned up and ready to go! Date night with the Mrs on Woodward! :smile:
    ezne9wthoau3.png
  • nooshinjohn
    Good thing you have a backup plan, as your primary ride is a bit of a mess right now... the engineer driving it will be having some esplainin’ to do.

oojeyzrljlic.png
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Was Reuss behind the wheel again?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • verb
    Found this video of a guy cruising the same evening. And, he's driving a 59 Chevy! I gotta meet this guy!
    https://youtu.be/7bp6B8XvATU
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Found this video of a guy cruising the same evening. And, he's driving a 59 Chevy! I gotta meet this guy!

I'd be more impressed if he had a hot chick or any woman with him on the cruise...I think you (verb) have a one up on him....just sayin' ;)

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • verb
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

I'd be more impressed if he had a hot chick or any woman with him on the cruise...I think you (verb) have a one up on him....just sayin' ;)

Completely agree! :smile: From a few years back! :smile:
    https://youtu.be/i85THpz1Hmc
  • verb
    Beautiful convertible weather last night! :smile:
    4va36193vc0i.png
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    GlennDog wrote: »

I’m sure most here assumed I was referring to our beloved Russ. I was not

Bucket truck drivers are some of the best drivers around!

Car racing can be challenging

https://wcrz.com/gm-executive-crashes-pace-car-at-detroit-grand-prix-video/

@verb Didn’t mean to poo poo your thread. Just thought I should clarify. Enjoy cruz’n!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • verb

I’m sure most here assumed I was referring to our beloved Russ. I was not

Bucket truck drivers are some of the best drivers around!

Car racing can be challenging

https://wcrz.com/gm-executive-crashes-pace-car-at-detroit-grand-prix-video/

@verb Didn’t mean to poo poo your thread. Just thought I should clarify. Enjoy cruz’n!

No poo poo brother! All good! :smile:
  • verb
    Finally took one of the Harley's out today! Yeah @GlennDog I know :smile: First ride of the year is always, exhilarating! Woodward here we come tonight!
    oev5lzzhob79.png
  • verb
    Ton’s literally of cars out tonight! :smile:
    t6eiat0n8c5w.jpeg
    rnx0ququc5wo.jpeg
    7oca8ip9rj8k.jpeg
    5vxd9daqtue3.jpeg
    0tdg6feh1vps.jpeg
    7vqcaj2vd3ti.jpeg
    9i558m040vsm.jpeg
    3ah5d6ji1ugx.jpeg
    cinjxil0w0su.jpeg
    b3918d6507tv.jpeg
    oos2hnffdnrv.jpeg
    z5lde4j0on9l.jpeg
    dbjm54rcj449.jpeg
    kktiiujagq8y.jpeg
  • verb
    More!
    r8rl7n5jbukp.jpeg
    h6msoi6gwykr.jpeg
    e0mib3w2c401.jpeg
    48092bl2vtw4.jpeg
    25cg35c0jtlk.jpeg
    qt0eju512to5.jpeg
    8gdxx9jhogfv.jpeg
    vj5sgexu81qk.jpeg
  • verb
    And this is just a warm up! :smile:
    ekidbante20x.jpeg
    eigggw5gr76d.jpeg
    ttohusuwl1tl.jpeg
    cb67hsbkjxpt.jpeg
    0of7p0a3hcsk.jpeg
    8cydas8mbu88.jpeg
    h1wfi4zixgc6.jpeg
    045lsz5ukxfq.jpeg
    q0sp02fxbp8v.jpeg
    75e09fcqj2p6.jpeg
    msjfjjhkaonl.jpeg
  • nooshinjohn
    Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a photographer!

• verb
    LOL! That would an engineer, not a doctor! But a poor photographer none the less. Literally cars going past non stop. The number of cars even today is staggering.
    62kdwgq95b6f.jpeg
    ao2wbuzvsavf.jpeg
    p65lp7an43zq.jpeg
    kaxymbupmobi.jpeg
    30iddn9dz7is.jpeg
    0ok5myfu83xk.jpeg
    87j2uo8xpv7q.jpeg
    d0e2wcwhtyjl.jpeg
    p204rjilgc28.jpeg
    2drxqy5snvv6.jpeg
    06z41j5d7op9.jpeg
    oau1p121lqzv.jpeg
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Great pictures and history!!!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • verb
    Yesterday had a nice curb side view!
    sc0tqnbzn8h7.jpeg
    iw7aqddjhtkf.jpeg
    i17xps52chrv.jpeg
    20loq1krqhcw.jpeg
    t1jvfdq1msj9.jpeg
    lqcstbuk496p.jpeg
    leq8hiyyxh81.jpeg