Sound no longer working - LSIM 703 Bookshelf

Options
Apparently, the LSIM 703 weighed too much for my wall mounts and it can't withstand a 10ft drop to the floor at 4AM, sounding like an explosion; woke me up real fast.

All seriousness, the Polk LSIM series has been amazing. I will have to find a replacement and find another way to mount it.

0zzb38z9160m.jpg

Rurki

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    edited August 2019
    Options
    xoq5bgfbvsta.gif

Owtch, dude. I thought at first the baffle was just separated, but now I see one of the drivers is split?

You know there are (or were/will be?) great sales on right now for LSiM through Adorama, yeah? I think I saw them listed for $259ea or something like that.

How long have you had this pair?
    Talk about shelf life.

Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Previously, there have been a few questions on how to open an LsiM 703. I think you've discovered the answer.

Ouch!
  • Rurki
    Rurki Posts: 4
    Options
    Bought the setup 3 months ago. I purchased from Adorama, so looks like I'll be buying another one after I reenforce the wall :)
  • msg
    Options
    Aww man, only 3 months.
    Wellt, at least it wasn't full msrp on them.

Have to wonder - would this fall under under warranty protection?
    (sorry, didn't mean to use the word fall)

Rurki's walls:
    wvaxbgrjf6nm.png

I disabled signatures.
  • Rurki
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Aww man, only 3 months.
    Wellt, at least it wasn't full msrp on them.

Have to wonder - would this fall under under warranty protection?
    (sorry, didn't mean to use the word fall)

Rurki's walls:
    wvaxbgrjf6nm.png

LMAO, too soon :wink:
  • msg
    Options
    LOL! Annnnd welcome to Club Polk! B)
    I disabled signatures.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    How does the floor look after that impact?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Rurki
    Options
    The floor is fine, no chipping in the tile. I had a moment of silence when I put the speaker in the trash and took it to the curb this morning :(
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Rurki wrote: »
    The floor is fine, no chipping in the tile. I had a moment of silence when I put the speaker in the trash and took it to the curb this morning :(

Wait, you didn't try to salvage any parts? Did any of the drivers still work? The crossover? I bet someone would want those parts if they work!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • onwbwy
    Options
    if you still have those parts, I may be interested in buying them