Sonos

joecoulson
joecoulson Posts: 4,943
I know that this and other “easy” brands don’t offer the pure experience like our main rigs do, but they sure are easy to setup and fill a room with full sound with no fuss.
I have three play 1’s, a play 5 gen2 and a playbar. Love them and how they can all just sync and work well together.

Any other fans out there? What do you have?

Comments

• joecoulson
    Lol. Too offensive I guess.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    They really do the trick, no doubt. I recently posted that I'd like to have probably 4-5 Sonos Connects to replace my Squeezebox devices, but at $350 a pop, idk. The Play speakers and soundbar are very nice products. I just set up 4 zones (3 Play 1's and a Playbar) for someone and they really work very well. The app is pretty easy to use, too.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I have 2 Connects and a Connect Amp. They mostly spend their time these days as Roon endpoints.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,893
    For those on a budget, the items below are apparently made by Sonus, starting at just $99! The “bookshelf” version comes with wall mountable hardware. The huge advantage with either version is that you don’t need an amplifier, and you can stream any source (Pandora, Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music...) from your phone/iPad/computer...

Review from The Verge
    Ikea Sonus Unboxing

Sonus does not publish any specifications for their speakers (frequency response etc.).
    Alea jacta est!
  • joecoulson
    I really like the simplicity for other rooms besides my main rig. The WAF is off the charts too as they require only a phone and app to completely control.
    The Play 5 has amazing low end for its size, as does the Playbar. Not even close to a flat response, but enjoyable nonetheless.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    I've been a very long time user of Sonos. Since the beginning back in 2006. As a Installer then I learned about Sonos and then starting installing it.
    I have many Connects running many zones in my home with multichannel amps.
    I really like Sonos as the failure rate is very low. All my units never ever failed. I also have them all protected by APC surge protectors.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Simplicity is their main gig, and they just work without any fuss. Perfect for those that are just getting into streaming. They can be made into whole house solutions, and the software is top notch. Add a good dac for better performance.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • joecoulson
    For sure. I don’t worry about the performance with the Sonos around the house. If I want that, I have the main rig. But when we have a party, streaming the same stuff around the house with no delay is pretty cool.
  • joecoulson
    That’s cool.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Clipdat wrote: »

I've had one, definitely some improvement but not worth the cost in my opinion.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable