Brought to tears...

Options
kharp1
kharp1 Posts: 3,453
Most of the forum members are aware that I'm in the process of burying my father, and, I've been overwhelmed by the support I've received from the great people here. Today, however, being overwhelmed moved to a new level. I was sitting at the visitation when someone I didn't recognize walked in and made his way over to me. He introduced himself as Duane/Hermitism from the Polk forum and told me that some here had reached out to someone in my area and asked if they could show up to represent the forum. I was confused and had to ask him to repeat himself to make sure I heard correctly. I had to choke back tears and collect myself at the magnitude of this gesture. We chatted a few minutes before we had to move in different directions, but, the impact that few minutes had is something I can't quite put in to words.

I'll say it again, I'm unbelievably overwhelmed and humbled by the heart of this forum. Such a priviledge to be able to share my life with you great folks. Thank you.

Comments

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Awesome! It is a great community we have here.

Very sorry for your loss.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    We are all here for you. My family will continue to keep you and your dad in our prayers.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    OMG Kerry. I Haven't been on here much lately. Sorry to hear of his passing. God speed brother.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing and thanks to Duane for representing the forum. Classy, caring, and totally unexpected.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Wow! Thank you Duane for taking the time to offer condolences and support on behalf of CP. I wish I was there along with you.

OMG I am once again reminded and blown away by the love I feel on this forum. CP is a very special place indeed!

Kerry all my love and support to you and your family. Godspeed to your Dad as he is now in heaven.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Kerry my heart goes out to you and in celebration of life I will add how beautiful it is that you had Him in your life so long. May you and all in your family heal quickly and remember the good times with your amazing father.

Love ya buddy.

THJ
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    My deepest condolences Kerry.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,076
    Options
    Kerry,

Peace for you and your father.

Duane,

Peace for delivering the message.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Reading that Kerry brought tears to my eyes. @Hermitism Duane you're a stand up kind of guy I bow to you I'm at a loss for words
    Kerry hang in there man <3<3<3

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Wow.
    This is why I just keep coming back to this forum. Such a great community and compassion with one another. Kerry we are truly sorry for your loss but are warmed by the love you show and have been shown. God bless you and the Harp family.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Our mind and hearts are with you Kerry.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    So sorry for your loss Kerry, and my deepest condolences. Thank you Hermitism for making such a kind gesture in this mans time of sorrow.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Tough times for sure, but soon the good memories will start to flow. God bless buddy. He's waiting for you on the other side.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    Options
    An uplifting story; I am sorry for your loss, but I am thrilled to read of @Hermitism's act (and the folks that catalyzed it).
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Love and prayers your way. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    One of the many reasons this place is so special!!!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    oldrocker wrote: »
    One of the many reasons this place is so special!!!

Agreed. This place is like a 2nd family.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Agreed, great story. Overall this is a great group to be associated with, thanks for doing this Hermitism .

Again, very sorry for your loss Kerry.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    That was the first time wearing a sport coat and tie for me in the last year and a half. He saw some snazzy dresser walking up to him with long hair and a Fu Manchu and the first thing he thought to do was grab his wallet. He though he was about to get robbed. I almost told him I was Jesse, but I wasn't sure if I'd be embraced or smacked, plus I thought the cowboy boots would probably give away my identity. They were fancy boots, not disrespectful, I dressed appropriately.

All joking aside, Kerry, my apologies for not staying longer and chatting. I knew if I showed up in the evening it was going to be crowded and I wanted to catch you before the groups of people arrived, hence my afternoon visit. It was very nice to meet you in person and I'm very sorry you and your family have to go through this. Your choice of venue for the visitation was very tasteful and well done, a real class act.

Duane, I'm proud of ya, and impressed. You have demonstrated great compassion and character, and I'm proud to consider you a friend. I've never met you personally, but hope to some day.

You, and others like you, is what makes CP such a special place. You make us all proud!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Nice. Very nice

Prayers for Kerry and the family
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12