Options
13»

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    edited May 2019
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Is it even harvest season for noise yet? Maybe that's the problem?

Don’t you worry.... I’m filling them up with all my noise.... and then sending them back to @Hermitism!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I talked to headrott about this. Unless you have a house built, you don't really know in what order the outlets are wired in a room because you never had a chance to see the walls without the drywall. I'm going to oversimplify this and leave out the light switch and lights. Lets say you have a fuse box > wire going to room > outlet 1 > outlet 2 > outlet 3 > outlet 4 at the end of the line. Lets say your audio equipment uses outlet 2. I would think you would want to place the filter on outlet 1 or 2 in between the incoming AC and the audio equipment. But what about outlets 3 & 4? Even if you have one in the same room as your audio equipment, you may have different results depending on which outlet you plug it into. And what if your light switch is connected to outlet 4? Would putting it in outlet 3 or 4 filter any noise coming from the lights?

I think after headrott tried them in all his outlets, he must have started on his neighbors' outlets and worked his way down the street, all the way to the power plant.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    When you play the stereo make sure that anything plugged into the other outlets are turned off.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    @EndersShadow Where are my noise filters? After having death wished upon me by a former member, I just haven't felt the same. Every time I cough, I feel like I'm coming down with some disease. Every time I feel a pain, I think I may have a terminal ailment. I just haven't felt like being social, but thought I better come on here and check to see if you had my filters shipped by mule. Or turtle. Snail? On the bright side, I did become part of the a$$hat club. You're not alone, @Clipdat
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,050
    Options
    I'm wondering what the consensus is on the Quieline filters? Do they work or not? Are the Noise Harvestors better? If they do work has anyone measured their emi distortion to see how much these devices lowered it?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,600
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Where in the world is Hermitism's AudioPrism Quietline LF-1 MKIII Noise Filters?

Hm, doesn't have the same ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1EIUP8tvbE
  • Hermitism
    Options
    I'm wondering what the consensus is on the Quieline filters? Do they work or not? Are the Noise Harvestors better? If they do work has anyone measured their emi distortion to see how much these devices lowered it?
    DK did a review of these and he liked them better than the Noise Harvesters.
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/147134/studies-on-residential-power-line-noise-part-11-noise-harvester-and-quietline/p1

I asked everyone who tried mine not to post their opinions until I got them back so one person's opinion wouldn't influence another. They are welcome to spill the beans, since it's been 5 months since I sent them out.

• motorstereo
    Options
    ^^^^Ok then; I'm just curious to see how the other reviews turn out as I have 4 quietlines, 5 noise harvestors and an emi measuring device.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    Options
    @Hermitism: They are shipping out tomorrow via UPS to you. I'm making sure to package them appropriately so as NOT to have death wished upon me (or anymore than it already has been).
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    Options
    I'm making sure to package them appropriately so as NOT to have death wished upon me.
    I'd never do that, Buddy!
  • Hermitism
    Options
    I know a lot of you have been losing sleep over this. But JHC my filters arrived in the mail today! High-five!

epzz8w9f5t5e.jpg

The five and a half month long evaluation is now over. The participants, all two of you, are now welcome to divulge your thoughts on these filters.
  • motorstereo
    Options
    ^^^^^^Ok then; 2 of my 4 are plugged in and working right now. I'll probably unplug them later once my emi comes down from its present elevated reading. FWIW these units shouldn't be used without verifying that the emi is high or the "quietlines" will be adding noise rather than lowering it.