Sad Situation

PSOVLSK
PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
An acquaintance of mine's 7 year old grandson was in a terrible accident on Monday. I don't know many details, but I do know that he was in a side by side ATV that crashed. His main injuries are to his legs, his right leg in particular. According to his grandmother, it was "filleted" and at this point is still in that condition. He had his second surgery this morning and it did not go as well as had been hoped as the doctors had to remove about 5" of muscle and tissue in the right leg. Thankfully his injuries don't appear to be life threatening (though you never really know), but he is still very much in danger of losing his right leg almost up to the hip. Prayers for this little guy and his family would be greatly appreciated. I just can't imagine sitting in hospital room with my son in this condition. It breaks my heart.
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    That's horrible news, prayers sent.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    That's rough. Will pray for your him!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Prayers sent.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Being in the ICU with my dad the past couple of weeks I've seen a lot of tragedy pass through. Can be depressing at times. My heart always goes out to the little ones.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Prayers here as well...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    There is no more helpless feeling in this world, than watching ones child suffer...

Godspeed to him and his family.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Prayers sent for the little guy & the family
    Randy/Maine
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Prayers out. Keep us posted. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Prayers for your friends grandson. May the Lord touch one of His children in their time of need.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Prayers sent for him and his family.

Poor little guy. Having fun one minute, and then that happened. Way too young! :'(
    I pray the surgeons can save his leg!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    That sucks. Prayers for the little guy. I was apparently under the false sense that those SxS ATVs were pretty safe with the full roll cage, etc. Must have been a heck of a crash.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Prayers for the little one. Not to diminish tragedy that anyone incurs, but it seems to be more poignant with kids. So sad.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Praying
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    in our family prayers
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Wishing this young boy a speedy recovery, my thoughts are with he and his Family.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    I have neighbors and camping friends who have modified these things to go in excess of 80mph. They have turned them into rolling death traps. I am all for fun but the extremes at which some take the atv hobby is absurd in my opinion.

That said, my thoughts and well wishes are sent to this young man, his family and everyone who cares about him. I hope he is able to make a full recovery with no permanent effects.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • nooshinjohn
    Loosing 5 inches of muscle in a little leg like that is going to leave a mark... I still can't get over that part. God help and heal this little one.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Prayers for the little one. Not to diminish tragedy that anyone incurs, but it seems to be more poignant with kids. So sad.

I agree, my heart just goes out to the little ones...they need our protection.
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    Prayers sent.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • PSOVLSK
    Had another surgery yesterday and had to remove more tissue. Medication they were giving was causing hallucinations, so they are trying something different: He’ll have surgery next Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Monday will be integra medical grafting which involves rebuilding the backside of the leg with shark and cow collagen. Once that takes hold they will put a skin graft over that. At least two more weeks in the hospital. Long road ahead for this family.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Thank you for the update.

Sad to hear more tissue was lost. Poor little guy. What a rough road he's dealing with.

Thoughts and prayers heading his way.

I've never heard of that cow and shark collagen usage until now. I'll have to look that up.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • PSOVLSK
    Tony M wrote: »
    I've never heard of that cow and shark collagen usage until now. I'll have to look that up.
    I’ve never heard of it either. Kind of crazy.
  • PSOVLSK
    Surgery was successful and now he hopefully gets a week with no surgery. The doctors feel confident that we’re able to save his leg. They are also medicating him and keeping him relatively comfortable with no side effects.
  • joecoulson
    edited August 2019
    That’s great news to end the week in a high note. Praise the Lord.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Great new indeed!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Good news! Those little guys are resilient! And, thank God for answering our prayers!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • sundeios
    sundeios Posts: 12
    Being in the ICU with my dad the past couple of weeks I've seen a lot of tragedy pass through. Can be depressing at times. My heart always goes out to the little ones.
  • nooshinjohn
    Thank God for the good news. Any word on muscle loss and if he will have a reasonably full recovery?

• PSOVLSK
    My understanding is, yes, a reasonably full recovery.
  • joecoulson
    sundeios wrote: »

Prayers for your father too.