Auralic Aries G1 Music transport/streamer

dhart86
dhart86 Posts: 1,594
edited July 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For sale is a "Like New" Auralic Aries G1 music streamer. It is only a few months old and in excellent condition. Housed in a smoke free, child free environment. It will be shipped in original packaging. It will be double-boxed upon shipping. Currently listed on A'gon and other sites for $1995, but offering here for less

Asking $1795 plus ship. Paypal friends/family

See manufacturer's product description below (https://us.auralic.com/products/aries-g1):

"Four years after the release of the original ARIES, this groundbreaking streamer is getting a high-tech upgrade in the brand-new ARIES G1 Wireless Streaming Transporter. Infused with AURALiC technologies and designs developed for our premier G2 line, the ARIES G1 connects over Wi-Fi to digital sources like network attached storage, Internet streaming services like TIDAL and Qobuz, Internet Radio, and USB drives to bring high performance streaming to your home audio system. On-Device Playlists, Memory Caching, Gapless Playback and Bit-Perfect Multi-Room functionality are among the features found in all AURALiC streaming devices, and with support for Spotify Connect, AirPlay, and Roon Ready, ARIES G1 connectivity is more expansive than ever. Improved hardware offers a serious boost in performance in the ARIES G1, to make it a perfect choice for streaming audiophile-grade resolutions up to DSD512 and PCM 32bit/384k.

Main Rig:
Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Bump for a killer piece at a great deal !
    May I inquire as to why you are selling?
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Watching B)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • dhart86
    edited July 2019
    joecoulson wrote: »

Hey Joe...I am selling because I have "no self-control" I buy everything I am interested in and then figure out that I have over spent and my family responsibilities then present themselves. :D

In reality, this G1 is a killer transport... best I've heard. I have a PS Audio Directstream Jr and the G1 plugged into the Directstream is the cleanest source & best sound I have ever heard. It is one bad machine. The PS Audio DSD Jr has the Bridge II built in an is a very good source in it's own right but the G1 betters the listening experience IMO. Unfortunately, I spent money I couldn't really afford to spend, this hobby has got me by the jewels.

I can use the PS audio bridge II with nice results, so I am selling this because I got too much gear and too many bills to pay. The air conditioning just went and needs to be repaired or replaced. I just heard too many good things about the Auralic G series to resist. I will re-purchase this item in the future when I can better afford it.

What do you thing about the Auralic Vega?
    My asking price is hard to beat, it only a few months old
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• dhart86
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Watching B)

won't last long :)
    Main Rig:

Second Rig:

• joecoulson
    Will not last long at all!
    dhart86 wrote: »

Hey Joe...I am selling because I have "no self-control" I buy everything I am interested in and then figure out that I have over spent and my family responsibilities then present themselves. :D

In reality, this G1 is a killer transport... best I've heard. I have a PS Audio Directstream Jr and the G1 plugged into the Directstream is the cleanest source & best sound I have ever heard. It is one bad machine. The PS Audio DSD Jr has the Bridge II built in an is a very good source in it's own right but the G1 betters the listening experience IMO. Unfortunately, I spent money I couldn't really afford to spend, this hobby has got me by the jewels.

I can use the PS audio bridge II with nice results, so I am selling this because I got too much gear and too many bills to pay. The air conditioning just went and needs to be repaired or replaced. I just heard too many good things about the Auralic G series to resist. I will re-purchase this item in the future when I can better afford it.

What do you thing about the Auralic Vega?
    My asking price is hard to beat, it only a few months old

I do hope you didn't think my request was ruse. I am sorry to hear about financial troubles and do hope they clear up for you.

I will say that the whole reason I asked is because my experience with Auralic (albeit only with the Vega G1) has been nothing short of fantastic. I had an issue with my first unit that I am sure is a one on thousands type thing and doesn't concern me in the long run. The sound is really really good. The build quality is the best I have seen in gear costing twice as much. And to top it off, you can have a relationship with the President of the company who fully supports his products personally. So my question was really in support of the great product and I concur, it will not last long at all...
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    If anyone here is ready to get their feet wet in the world of quality listening..here ya go. Auraluc is a first class company with first class products. This is being offered up from a first class member at an amazing price. Someone is going to be very happy.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • dhart86
    If anyone here is ready to get their feet wet in the world of quality listening..here ya go. Auraluc is a first class company with first class products. This is being offered up from a first class member at an amazing price. Someone is going to be very happy.

Thanks buddy!
    Main Rig:

Second Rig:

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Oh God. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    verb wrote: »

Doooo iiiitttt....

Or are you chicken?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• verb
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Doooo iiiitttt....

Or are you chicken?

Buk buk buk! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056

mikeyb128 wrote: »

Doooo iiiitttt....

Or are you chicken?

Buk buk buk! :smile:

I say dig in those deep pockets of yours and get it over with, no since on passing on a deal that will keep you up at night.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • jdjohn
    Looks like it needs an iOS device to control, so I'm out! GLWTS
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • joecoulson
    Bump for a killer piece.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Looks like it needs an iOS device to control, so I'm out! GLWTS

Yep, that's where that company and I parted ways a couple of years ago. I refuse to have anything to do with Apple ever again, and, have no desire to do business with a company that knows no other way to integrate their components than with an Apple.
  • tophatjohnny
    I was up in arms about the whole iOS /Apple thing too but after realizing the potential of the world class player I have in the Vega G2 and utilizing its Lightning DS app on my new Apple iPad Pro..it just puts all other Android apps I used with the Cambridge line and the big box receivers to utter shame. So glad I got over that hang up that did have me hung up for a minute. The unit offered here is sure to be a real treat to anyone that currently owns a Cambridge product or just wants to dive into a real solid product with a solid staff behind it here's your chance.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • kharp1
    Mine isn't a hang up, it's a problem with how Apple does business and wrecked my iPhone only to tell me "you'll have to buy a new one." Wanna bet?
  • joecoulson
    Bump for the mans sale thread.
  • verb
    Bump for the mans sale thread.

Killing me Joe! :smile:
  • joecoulson
    Get it Dave! Lol. Even though somethings gotta give with the two streamers you already have lol!
  • jdjohn
    For me, the iOS requirement would necessitate purchasing an iOS device, so adds to the overall cost.
  • kharp1
    I love their gear, and, someone will be getting a great one. Surprised it's still here.
  • dhart86
    SOLD!! Thank you all
    Main Rig:

Second Rig:

• joecoulson
    Great!! Congrats to you and the buyer!
  • dhart86
    Great!! Congrats to you and the buyer!

Thank you sir!
    Main Rig:

Second Rig:

• tophatjohnny
    I second that congrats and hope things fall into place to where your next Auraluc purchase allows you to move up the chain a few notches. Thrilled with my Vega G2 and that is putting it lightly.
  • verb
    Get it Dave! Lol. Even though somethings gotta give with the two streamers you already have lol!

For the record, I did not buy it! :smile: