FS: Totem Rainmakers

Ok, bookshelf speaker fans, here's your chance to own a pair of Totem Rainmakers for just $475pr plus shipping/insurance. Those who don't know, Totem is one of the kings of imaging and placing instruments well outside of the speakers actual position. The Rainmakers put out an exceptional amount of honest bass frequencies for their size. I'm the second owner and the they came to me imperfect. I've tried to show the few small dings and smudges to the beautiful mahogany veneer. For jumpers I installed 14gauge speaker wire.

The rainmakers are rated as 4 Ohm, 87.5db, and Totem says a minimum of 30wpc. Like all fine speakers the better quality and higher power the better. Marantz integrated, classic Adcom GFA-535 amp really make the Rainmakers sing. I've included a spec sheet in the photos.

The Rainmakers are not that finicky about placement, just get them out from the walls and on stands, if possible. if your listening space is set for more than one person, point them straight ahead, no toe-in needed.

Selling for two reasons: One, these were going to by a part of a summer home system that fell thru. Secondly, while on vacation I managed to snag a pair of original Totem 1's, and the wife approved ONLY if I sold a pair at home. Not a battle I wanted to lose capital over!

Payment via Paypal, shipping most likely by Fedex. The speakers will be double-boxed (no original box), padded for safe transport. Shipping measurements are: 16x20x24. Weight 30 pounds from zip code 97874.
tg47mpvwlflv.jpg
rows7lm7qkc3.jpg
zavg6upooum9.jpg
haav9ahp10uh.jpg
o1euof3mtehm.jpg
q3rra31xkjfs.jpg
kqdoa6q0026b.jpg
tjuv8q0sd9hv.jpg
6wsaggn96vdh.jpg
8ddceg29sirf.jpg
omapn0uzqhr2.jpg
Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
Former Staff Member TONEAudio
2 Ch. System
Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Pm coming

That was fast!

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Looking at how beautiful they are, that's no surprise. I don't even like bookies and I had to stop and debate if I wanted to take the plunge with these. GLWTS, though I doubt you'll need it.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    I've given kharp1 two hours. First PM received is first up. I think that is fair.
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    He might be visiting with his hospitalized dad or taking care of other logistics regarding that. He also works third shift, so give him a chance to follow up.
  • markmarc
    I PM'd him 90 min. ago. Trying to be fair for all, therefore, I will give him until 5pm PDT. All other interested buyers PM me, after 5pm I will go with first to PM me.
    2 Ch. System
  • markmarc
    Kharp1 has PM'ed me. I'll update either way.
    2 Ch. System
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    What's the pecking order on these?
  • markmarc
    kharp1 (quality guy) and I have come to an agreement, but with all that is going on in his world the sale is still in process. PM me if you want to be next up IF things change, though I expect the sale to be finalized this evening.
    2 Ch. System
  • markmarc
    SOLD
    2 Ch. System
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Kerry you're going to need something to drive these babies. Might I suggest:
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/187270/dayens-ecstacy-iii#latest

I hear the seller is awesome to deal with.

Obviously kidding. Congrats on some nice looking speakers. I've heard many great things about them, but have never gotten to hear a pair.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Kerry you will love them. Exactly the same as my pair.
    The imaging is off the charts.
    Congrats.
  • markmarc
    Don't any of you want to buy a pair of Sennheiser HD800's?
    2 Ch. System
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Am I the only one that found this thread kind of off the rails??
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited July 2019
    The train rocked a bit, but not off the rails at all. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.