Dayens Ecstacy III

Options
After lots of switching back and forth between this and the newly acquired Vincent I’ve made the difficult decision to let this one go. I feel like I need to explain my reasons although I know they don’t really matter. 1) I’ve always wanted a Vincent since the first time I saw one in an Audio Advisor magazine. It just seemed like a piece of gear that I would never obtain and I LOVED the looks of most of their gear. 2) After about 3 years with the Ecstacy I was just itching for a change. 3) I think they sound similar with the Vincent having a little more sparkle on the high end which I find very pleasing with my diamond tweeters.

Okay, about the Dayens. Just search the forum and you won’t find many (if any) negative comments regarding Dayens and the Ecstacy is the best they have to offer. This piece does everything the Menuetto does only better. I still own a Menuetto and if I could afford to do so I’d keep the Ecstacy and sell the Menuetto. I’ve run this unit with LSiM 703, Usher 6311, and Usher MD2 and each match has been fantastic. I also took this unit to Skip’s and ran it on some Rosso speakers and maybe another brand or two that Skip had at the time. While the Ecstacy wasn’t as good as the much more expensive Mastersound (or maybe it was North Star) gear Skip was running, it wasn’t embarrassed. Skip even made the comment that at least I know I have an integrated that I could use if I ever got a pair of $15k speakers.

The unit is in great shape cosmetically as well. There are a couple of scratches on top that I tried to capture in the photos. The paper clip is a larger size clip.

I wouldn’t say the Vincent I’m keeping is better, just different, new to me, and better looking (IMO). I can’t imagine anyone buying this piece and being disappointed as it’s an awesome piece of gear.

I have the original box and packing materials. I bought the recommended universal remote, but never could get it to work. I’m happy to put it in the box if you want to have a go at getting it to work. No remote doesn’t bother me too much in my 2 channel setup because I generally set the volume and listen until I’m done, but I know it may be important for some people. I’ll ship with a stock power cord.

$1200 to your door CONUS. Anyone in DFW interested let me know and we can talk about a no shipping price.
i5dt42txumeg.jpeg
ujyc76vef2a3.jpeg
ybkuztczl59o.jpeg
7g8dp5mbpwbt.jpeg
fya0zgi2qv97.jpeg
67i9cfgeu08d.jpeg
kk33artalbkn.jpeg
yb9i49ilr9w2.jpeg
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9be47-dayens-ecstasy-iii-stereo-inegrated-amiplifier-2x150w-4ohm-solid-state

Here’s another that’s available if you’d rather have a new one at a grand more😁

Mostly posted for the specs that I failed to include.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Bump for a great integrated. I’m going to try and get this listed on couple of other sites over the weekend, but I’d obviously much rather it stay in the Polk family.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    $1100 plus actual shipping cost. CONUS.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    $1000 plus actual shipping CONUS.

That’s a great price to performance ratio. The Dayens gear is a great buy at retail prices, much less over 50% off retail on the used market. Search “Dayens” on the forum and you pretty much get 100% positive comments. (I think. I haven’t actually preformed a search).😁
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    Paul.

I just don’t like being a repeat customer. It makes me feel like we need to hug or something.

I also don’t want shipped to my door. I am interested in having it move from your closet to my never touch again closet. Heck. I bought some carver some from you years ago. Took ownership of it like a year after someone picked it up from you. Then went straight to my closet and didn’t even remember I had it.

So what are you selling again? Haha.

Bump!
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Haha. I’d guarantee white glove delivery to your door within 24 hours. You could hook it up to the Carver...in the closet of course.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    You two and your closets...
    I disabled signatures.
  • aznwonderboy
    Options
    Hi. I just sent you a message regarding this amp.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Bittersweet for me, but this has been SOLD.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Bittersweet for me, but this has been SOLD.

Congrats!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Congrats Paul. It's always bittersweet getting rid of something that has done well for you.

How's the Vincent settling in? I had the same bittersweet feeling selling it too, but I'm really digging the Triode.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Sound aside, I LOVE the look of the Vincent. The Vincent gear has always been some of my favorite looking. Sound wise I think it’s a good match for my MD2’s and those sweet DMD tweeters. While it doesn’t blow the Dayens away, there is just a sparkle to the highs that wasn’t there before. Bass seems maybe a tad tighter. Not a noticeable difference in the mids.

It was going to take something special to replace the Dayens and luckily I found it from a great seller here on the forum.