AJvW
AJvW Posts: 3
Hi guys

I,m new to this. I am currently in a dilema. I am running a

Onkyo TX-NR 3009
Polk Audio A9s Fronts
Polk Audio CSi6
Sony dual firing sub.

I am looking to get more out of my A9"s. I have been given few ideas but not sure.
Power amp Rotel RB1552mkii , Emotiv XPA 2 and a marantz mm7025.

The music i mostly listen to is jazz (vocal and instrumental) and R&B

Help

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Marantz
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited July 2019
    Out of those I'd pick the marantz as well. That being said I personally feel it is going to be the same as what you have and a sideways move. If you're going to invest in an amp get more power and current. Those speakers need high current and power.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    The Emo has power but might brighten up the A9's too much. The Marantz is a step up from the AVR, don't know if it will give the A9's the juice they need.

I'd look for a used Parasound for the A9's
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • AJvW
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Out of those I'd pick the marantz as well. That being said I personally feel it is going to be the same as what you have and a sideways move. If you're going to invest in an amp get more power and current. Those speakers need high current and power.

What would you suggest based on your comment on more power and current
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    The RTi line likes power and lots of it. To make A9 sound their best a good Parasound amp would do the trick. I'd even look at Outlaw Audio or Monoprice ATI amps. I had RTi8 and a big Sony ES avr, They sounded ok on music and great on movies. One weekend I got to demo an XPA 2 Gen 1 oh did they ever come alive.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • AJvW
    Hi Mrloren

I have looked for the parasound but no luck as yet. I live in South Africa so it is a bit difficult to purchase from the USA.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    AJvW wrote: »
    Hi Mrloren

I have looked for the parasound but no luck as yet. I live in South Africa so it is a bit difficult to purchase from the USA.

Well then my Parasound comment is no good as well. I do not know what South Africa has available or what voltage you guys run down there.