Stu Lumsden and Mark Suskind to retire from Polk

Options
2»

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,480
    Options
    Best wishes, gentlemen...appreciate the contributions you both have made in my audio journey w/Polk. Thanks, Stu, for the wonderful hospitality during Polkfest '12. Really appreciated you opening up your house and hosting the lot of us. Pretty remarkable if you ask me.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    Thank you very much for all that you have done for the company. Wish you well on your retirement.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    Staying that many years is a real testament to those men and the company. Thanks for your efforts, and enjoy your retirement!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Retirement? Muy bien. Enjoy. It sure beats working. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    Enjoy retirement you two! If you're ever in the Pacific NW look me up for a free salmon/Steelhead fishing trip!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Congrats gentlemen! Well done.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Great job!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Stu Lumsden
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind comments. I'll remember the offers for visits to the PacNW, New Eng and such. The HiFi Buys reference reminds me of their great salesman John Corn. Maybe you ran into him their original store. My good buddy Al Baron, a Polkie after HFB, now retired as well and living in Baltimore, will be pleased to hear your remembrances.

I hope to keep fanning the flames with Legend this year if allowed. I feel obligated to give it the best send-off possible. Keep in mind that Mark was the man that said it was possible at this time to reintroduce SDA. Best product guy ever, Mr. Suskind.

Keep Listening.
    Stu
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Alan Jones ring a bell Stu?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind comments. I'll remember the offers for visits to the PacNW, New Eng and such. The HiFi Buys reference reminds me of their great salesman John Corn. Maybe you ran into him their original store. My good buddy Al Baron, a Polkie after HFB, now retired as well and living in Baltimore, will be pleased to hear your remembrances.

I hope to keep fanning the flames with Legend this year if allowed. I feel obligated to give it the best send-off possible. Keep in mind that Mark was the man that said it was possible at this time to reintroduce SDA. Best product guy ever, Mr. Suskind.

Keep Listening.
    Hear-hear! A very nice note. :)

Apropos of (almost) nothing -- I don't really know Mark (although I remember meeting him long, long ago) -- but I did know his father, who was a dean in those long ago times at my (and Matt Polk's) alma mater -- and actually a professor in my department (Biology).

:smile:

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Hang around a while Stu... having someone here of your stature and wealth of knowledge would be a tremendous gift to the forum.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Well said Johnny boy
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Enjoy your retirements as I continue to enjoy my favorite speakers, appreciate your parts in making Polk what it is!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    Options
    Mark and Stu,

Thanks for everything. Wishing you good health, prosperity, and happiness in your future endeavors.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!