DSW Pro 600 Repair

Hello,

Is it possible to get repair or disassembly instructions for a DSW PRO 600 sub?

I purchased the replacement amp back plate but it will not operate with the existing IR or BLUE LED for the logo backlight.

So, I need to have access to the blue LED? Can the blue LED be installed from the front? With the logo assemble pry out forward or do I need to disassemble the complete unit?

Same for the IR sensor but I think I ca get to that from the rear.

Any help would be great...

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    Your best bet is to call or email Polk about the issue.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jjpann
    jjpann Posts: 4
    I did they offer no assembly instructions thus my post.
  • F1nut
    Ok, well I don't know of anyone here that can help you with your questions.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jjpann
    Isn’t this a Polk forum?
  • F1nut
    Yes, but the Pro 600 is an older sub and I don't believe a popular one, so there aren't any members here that own one as far as I know. Since you can't figure things out perhaps a professional repair shop is in your future.

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I owned a 500 and 600, both went out shortly after the warranty past, Polk still helped me out with the amps, but I finally upgraded to a real sub, and gave the kitty litter subs away...

SVS....... \.,,/
  • jjpann
    edited July 2019
    Thanks appreciate the comments. The Pro 600 replacement 660 is available today so not a really issue of obsolescence...,it was just surprising the IR and Logo backlight were not compatible as this would have made the repair a no brainer.