KRIT Iz HERE!

codycatalist
codycatalist Posts: 2,662
edited July 2019 in Music & Movies
I get that most of y'all don't vibe with Hip Hop much but my musical roots are deep in hip hop.

One of my favorite artists just released his 4th Studio album today. This guy isn't a drug pusher, woman objectifying, money focused individual. He is from Mississippi and has a lot of southern soul to his music. I met him in 2014 and he is just a great guy. Figured I would pop a link to his new album here.

Enjoy!

Big K.R.I.T.
KRIT iz Here

https://open.spotify.com/album/1KvZT4NZm69EkOym8rLqW1?si=GuEybwM2TUGC884dYaWYvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeWClTR7KjQ&list=PLJNbijG2M7OwJo41dfKRYHjAGgsUfQQWx&index=1
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I will take a listen shortly..... no wife and kids so I can crank it too...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Me too.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • codycatalist
    It isn't the masterpiece his last album was (4eva is a mighty long time) but being a KRIT fan for a long time you can hear the freedom of creativity on this record. Came a long way since his failed bid with Def Jam.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited July 2019
    Not bad, listened to his last two CDs. Bit long for me but a couple really nice songs in there
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    On my list when the G1 returns.
  • codycatalist
    Not bad, listened to his last two CDs. Bit long for me but a couple really nice songs in there

4eva is a mighty long time was a great album but you really have to look at his early trifecta of mixtapes. Krit wuz here, Return of 4eva and 4eva n a day. All very solid releases.

Not to say his best years are behind him but getting familiar with the old tapes gives you a different view on his progression.

Either way glad you listened!