Planet Earth II

I know I'm a little late to the party on this but I purchased the HD version on Prime Video last night and watched the first 2 episodes. I was absolutely stunned at the video quality. It is so good it almost looks fake. And this from my cheapie 55" TCL which cost less than $700. Not to mention the content. Absolutely spellbinding. If anyone hasn't watched this yet you need to get the HD version and check it out. This will show you what your TV is really capable of and I'm sure most of you have better ones than mine.
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Have it in 4k... And you're right, fantastic image. Played through Sony 800 4k player and xbr screen.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    its on netflix in 4K, and even then it is stunning indeed, and nature shows are the one thing the keeps all the kids and parents in our family entertained, and we learn a lot!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Its decent on Netflix in their 4k, but STUNNING on a 4k bluray
    great cinematography