mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited July 2019
    ... dude's name is Kramer Crane.
    Think he's for real?

1bq8qrgfqfgv.png
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    joecoulson wrote: »

Interesting thread Joe, of which I missed back then! I'm not even thinking about bi-amping, at the moment! Nope. Oh Jeez. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Did nobody bother to tell Crutchfield that you can't bi-amp with an AVR?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited July 2019
    Connecting these channels to a pair of bi-amp capable speakers increases the amount of usable power that each speaker gets.

They conveniently neglected to mention that the more channels used will result in less power per channel and that the tweeter will only use 5 to 10 watts, so a lot of power is simply wasted. The end result is the bottom end will likely get less power than if the speakers were driven by a single channel.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    But they make other outlandish claims like: "Passive bi-amping doesn’t make any changes to the signal the speaker is receiving — it only increases the amount of available current being sent to each portion of the speaker."

and

"Bi-amping provides more usable current to the speaker. Instead of a single channel’s worth of power divvied up between the woofer and tweeter sections, each speaker section gets a full channel’s worth of juice. "

Literally makes no sense. They're doing a huge disservice to people who don't know any better by posting articles like this.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Yup up sell, not only is it a sales pitch for someone to buy a bigger AVR it adds more speaker wire...

I've tried both Bi-Amp and Bi-Wire. found best is a straight full range speaker wire with a speaker wire jumper.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mhardy6647
    ... and I just wonder how many of y'all have actually tried coat hangers instead of all those biamp biwire biwhatever hookups...

B)
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    I like Crutchfield for their CS, but notice that their catalog looks more like a magazine than a catalog - I wonder why that is? Every article is really a sales pitch in disguise...
    "How to get the most out of the Denon AVR [we just got you to buy for $2000 ;) ]".
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Crutchfield sales you on customer service and tech support versus low pricing
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    VR3 wrote: »
    Crutchfield sales you on customer service and tech support versus low pricing

And in my experience (albeit limited), they do a good job of it, too.
    My son-in-law and I replaced a borked aftermarket "car stereo" in his 2002 Tundra with one from Crutchfield. They made the whole process very, very easy.

(Since neither he nor I know squat about "modern" car stereo... even 2002 "modern"!)