Chicago Blues Club Recommendation

Going to Chicago next week (first time) and looking for a blues club recommendation. I found this top blues club list but hard to zero in and pick one.

https://www.timeout.com/chicago/music/the-9-best-blues-music-clubs-in-chicago

Any of you Chicago folks have a favorite blues place?
Parasound P5 Pre
Marantz AV 7703 Pre/Pro
Outlaw 7500 Amp
Marantz SA14s1 SACD/CD
Rega Planar 2 TT
Polk Audio Speakers: LSiM 705 Fronts, LC65FX Surround, LSiM 704c
Oppo BDP-103

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Check out Buddy Guys place. It's now called Legends. Opened that after the demise of his club I played with him at called The Checkerboard in the mid 80's. Legends is sure to do the trick.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Google the addresses and pick three, and end up at Legends ..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Buddy Guys Legends.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • DForeman
    DForeman Posts: 468
    Awesome. Legends it is. Thanks everyone.
    Parasound P5 Pre
    Marantz AV 7703 Pre/Pro
    Outlaw 7500 Amp
    Marantz SA14s1 SACD/CD
    Rega Planar 2 TT
    Polk Audio Speakers: LSiM 705 Fronts, LC65FX Surround, LSiM 704c
    Oppo BDP-103
  • jawhog
    jawhog Posts: 444
    I didn’t realize that the new lagunita’s had music 4 days a week.
    Rosa’s will always be my favorite because my high school friend’s family knew the owner in the late 80s. we could go there and he would let us sit at the table in the front window and told us “you’re welcome to visit anytime but don’t ever leave that spot.” So we were in the door, but just barely, and always about 3 feet from the bouncer. At 17, worked for me!
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,165
    Check out Buddy Guys place. It's now called Legends. Opened that after the demise of his club I played with him at called The Checkerboard in the mid 80's. Legends is sure to do the trick.

https://youtu.be/32YQYJuxyn0
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited July 2019
    My wife and I have been to Chicago a number of times (but not in quite a while). What we always used to do is go out to dinner and ask the bartenders where the best places were. We ended up at some really cool spots.

I feel like we went to a place called “Blues Chicago”. And “Lonnie Walkers Underground Wonderbar”
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • tophatjohnny

https://youtu.be/32YQYJuxyn0

Indeed!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    ^ I have that LP - a good blues record.
    [
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    edited July 2019
    Used to start out up at Kingston Mines and end up at Buddy Guy's Legends back when I could stay up past 10pm.
  • tophatjohnny
    stevep wrote: »
    Used to start out up at Kingston Mines and end up at Buddy Guy's Legends back when I could stay up past 10pm.

Before legends the Checkerboard didn't even jump till 1 am. Closed at 4am.