Places and landmarks you want to see before you die.

Options
daddyjt
daddyjt Posts: 2,322
edited July 2019 in The Clubhouse
What's on your list?

Near the top of my list is The Basilica Sagrada Família in Barcelona Spain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Família

mkjkzotcoeqt.jpeg

9jr1knqz5myp.jpeg[hg80jbo1ae48.jpeg

hd2nhcj9sz2m.jpeg

pgr46k2pclla.jpeg

3lr4q23a1td0.jpeg
"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    As an architecture major, I learned all about places like sagrada in my history courses. Interesting stuff to say the least.

For me, I would like to go to Dubai to see what the worlds wealthiest are doing in a no holds barred building environment.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Sistine Chapel.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Options
    Notre Dame, the French one of course.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Iles of Man morocycle races
    Most dangerous race track in the world.

Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,028
    Options
    speaking of architecture -- it'd be cool to see the Hagia Sophia (its original name, AFAIK) in the... umm... flesh stone. Arguably the single most significant structure in the history of architecture: the first manmade structure that really had some open space and light inside of it (yeah, yeah, there are some other candidates, like the Pantheon -- I know, I know...) B)

ebdkzehb4m07.png
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    years ago it would have been to get towed in at Jaws, but lived there, did that along with many other of Hawaii's world class breaks so now it would be to catch a wave at
    Teahupoo, which in Tahitian means something like “the place of broken skulls” in reference to a much feared ancient king who collected his enemies' heads, is the name of one of the world's heaviest and most dangerous wave breaks, unique for its shape and for the massive volume of water it lifts...……….a true surf beast......
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Kind of like to see St Petersburg, Russia. Lot of lives sacrificed for that piece a real estate during WW 2.
  • pelhamplace
    pelhamplace Posts: 111
    Options
    The Basilica Sagrada is mind blowing. One USA landmark I would like to see is Mount Rushmore.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Tranquility Base...

4drow12wjjqc.png
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,519
    Options
    The DSoftheM
    rxae1xou6iym.jpg
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Iowa's Largest Frying Pan

800-850 Main St, Brandon, IA 52210

https://g.co/kgs/FofY8S

I drive by this place all the time on the way up to the lake cabin its definitely on my bucket list. They say you can fry 88 lbs of Bacon or 42 dozen eggs not at the same time of course. One of these days instead of passing by the sign on the highway I'm going to take a right on the exit leading to this must see attraction.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    Jesus do they use a snow shovel for a spatula?
  • daddyjt
    Options
    Tranquility Base...

4drow12wjjqc.png

If you make it to the moon, make sure you visit the inside as well :wink:

https://youtu.be/3bUUXFuOvfo
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,793
    Options
    I traveled a lot when I was younger, saw all kinds of bucket list stuff. I don't like to travel these days.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    I would like to see Yellowstone. And the Grand Canyon. Will do that here in the next 5-10
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I would like to see Yellowstone. And the Grand Canyon. Will do that here in the next 5-10

After the grand canyon pop over to the petrified forest and painted desert. Only a couple hours away.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Yeah - just basically that whole side of the country - sans LA
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,519
    Options
    and san fran
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Abbey Road, London.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    I've had the good fortune to live and travel all over the world. Europe, Mexico, Asia. Almost every weekend was an adventure! :smile:

Never been to Viet Nam, but the Mrs travels there every other year to visit her family. I gotta go with her next time!

I've lived and worked in many places in the USA too. Illinois, Connecticut, Texas, California, and now Michigan. Lots of great things to see in those areas!

But as I think about it, there are so many places here in the USA I have not seen.

Pacific Northwest, and who knows, all the way up to Alaska!

Florida Keys, Baton Rouge, anywhere along the Gulf Coast (I've been to the Florida Pan Handle).

I love those guys (I know a few) post retirement, who get a nice motorcoach and just travel all over the USA! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    I agree Dave - Vietnam looks absolutely stunning

6m5op84ipb8a.jpg
  • daddyjt
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »

If you make plans for Yellowstone, pm me - I’ve spent a lot of time there, and can direct you to a few “off the beaten path” things to see...

Also, if you are at all able, I cannot recommend Glacier National Park highly enough. Again, I can send you to some stunning spots there, that aren’t widely known.

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• joecoulson
    Options
    Thanks Bro - definitely will do
  • verb
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    What's on your list?

Near the top of my list is The Basilica Sagrada Família in Barcelona Spain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Família

I have to chuckle, I did not know Basilica Sagrada Família was until I bought the Alan Parsons Project album! Dumb teenagers! :smile: And yes, I want to go see it! The pictures inside look amazing!

eaaczdg81bl2.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »
    Notre Dame, the French one of course.
    Might be a while before it's presentable again...and of course will never be the same :(
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    I'm good.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    Options
    So, I'd like to visit the town dump that @mhardy6647 frequents. Always lots of goodies in there!

And, now that I think of it, if he'd have me of course, a guided tour of Mark's Emporium of Historic and Esoteric Electronics! Flea Power SET amps and FR Driver's here I come! :smile:
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    The Ring, Cirq de la Sarth, Monaco, Spa, the Glen... You can see where I'm going with this.