How to burn flac files to a DVD=R

muncybob
muncybob Posts: 2,961
I have a bunch of flac files that I would like to put into a dvd and be able to then play in random playback. Have a few freebie software programs but none seem to be able to do this.
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I'm pretty sure I've done this a few years back and if I remember correctly, I just went into my Music Folder, highlighted whatever album folders I wanted, then right clicked on the highlighted folders, then selected "Send To" and selected the DVD RW Drive. I'm basing this on memory, but I think that is all I did using the built in software of Win10. If you have a DVD-RW disc that you can erase and rewrite onto, you might try using that disc first so you don't waste a DVD-R disc if it doesn't work. I think in your case, with what you are trying to do, you would highlight individual tracks rather than whole folders. I'm just not sure my method will let you keep adding tracks from multiple folders. It may want to burn the disc after your first "Send To" command. I'm just guessing.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Yeah, burn as standard data disc, not a music disc. If brought over in folders, the player should see them, and maintain the hierarchy for browsing later from the player. Any burning software should be able to handle this.

Which player do you plan to use? Presuming the DVD player supports .flac format, yes?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    One mistake I used to make back in the day was finalizing the disc burning process before I had filled up a disc with music files. And a DVD-ROM can hold a lot of files.

A USB thumb drive is a much better option if an input on the player is available and chances are if a player supports FLAC it also has a USB input somewhere. I eventually ended up tossing out my CD-ROM discs after they were just collecting dust for years.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I know I am not answering the question, but why not use Plex (the free version) and what device you use for streaming apps like an Apple TV or Roku? You don’t even need to turn your tv on because you can use the app on your phone as a remote. Create whatever playlists u want and go!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    One more note, every piece of equipment car/home that I've "randomly played songs" on would only do it within a single folder. So all songs you want to play randomly have to be in the same folder or on a disc with no folders. And I think there is usually a limitation of how many songs it will read within a folder. I'm thinking 500, which could become an issue with a high capacity usb drive.