My stereo kinda "clicked" last night...

Options

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yea should have ran to buy it. Unless it was trashed the 565 is second to the 750 for adcom and a darn good pre for 150.00. They routinely go for much more on the auction site.

I should have, kinda regretting it now, I knew they were good but I didn't realize just how good until now!
    If it shows up again I'll let you know!
    Clipdat wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Get a better CD player.

I'd entertain selling him my Marantz CD6004.

Let me know! It'll have to be after my birthday but depending on price I'd take it off your hands. :)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Let me start looking around for a box. I stupidly got rid of the original box and it's such a nice player (and one of the early made in Japan versions, before they switched production on this line to Vietnam/China) so I'd hate for it to get damaged in transit.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Thanks, it is much appreciated!
  • Clipdat
    Options
    It's an extremely musical player with a great DAC, I'm eager for you to hear it.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    I'd be willing to give it the "Ruby Edition" makeover. A little Dynamat, a little Bedazzler.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I'd be willing to give it the "Ruby Edition" makeover. A little Dynamat, a little Bedazzler.

I might just take you up on that offer! ;)
    What kind of sound improvements would I expect from that?
  • Hermitism
    Options
    The Dynamat improves the fine detail and the shiny ruby looks cool.
  • Clipdat
    Options

AKA it'll sound exactly the same.
  • mlistens03
    Options

Oh I missed the Dynamat part! While I'm being serious... thanks for the offer! But I can put the Dynamat in myself, shouldn't be too big a deal.

Now, where were we... oh right. You expect me to believe the bedazzler doesn't magically turn it into a SA-KI Ruby? Ha, yeah right! 😉
  • Clipdat
    Options
    You can't have it unless you promise not to molest it.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    You can't have it unless you promise not to molest it.

Definitely won't! I only want a bedazzled CDP if it comes that way from the factory! :D
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Trust me, you don't.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Trust me, you don't.
    Are you not liking your Ruby, or are you just kidding?
  • Clipdat
    Options
    How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    The birthday budget at our house is somewhere between $150 and $300, I'm never really sure. I was thinking with that much money that a preamp would be the best candidate for upgrade, except for maybe my CDP, although I was thinking I could wait a couple years and pick one up for literally nothing. There's a Adcom GFP-565 on Craigslist for $150 I think, and it is actually just a half hour down the road IIRC (I can't check now my tablet is set to only let me on the forum) which is what I'm hoping for.

I realize I'm counting chickens before they hatch here, but I sent it to my dad and am hoping that he'll get it for me. If it doesn't happen then it definitely ain't the end of the world, it's not like the NAD currently sounds bad! 😉

After my birthday I will have to be completely DONE with audio for a long while most likely, so I'm gonna make this one count! 😉

I have a NAD 1155 somewhere around here (came with my original SDA SRS pair). I recall it had a scratchy volume pot - I can dig it out, pop the cover and give it a basic servicing (maybe even a recap), deoxit the volume pot (Actually ALL the pots, which I’m pretty sure will fix the scratchy), and send it your way - no charge.

Stock photo:

zcwi2pqhv6c0.jpeg

Oh wow, thanks! I'll ask my dad if it is OK!
    You guys are the best! :)

Love it! Very nice gesture @daddyjt ! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Get a better CD player.

I'd entertain selling him my Marantz CD6004.

Wow - Knowing Drew this sale has got to be darn near a Karma! Nice gesture Drew! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    edited June 2019
    Options
    So @mlistens03 - What else do you need? :smile: Speaker cables? I've got an extra pair of MIT Terminator 2's lying around. If you're interested, consider it an early birthday present!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Love this forum.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Micah. Do you order anything on Amazon?
  • mlistens03
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    So @mlistens03 - What else do you need? :smile: Speaker cables? I've got an extra pair of MIT Terminator 2's lying around. If you're interested, consider it an early birthday present!

my gosh, you guys are the best! Thanks! I'll double check with my parents and shoot you a PM! :smiley:
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Micah. Do you order anything on Amazon?

On occasion, although when I do it usually isn't audio related (computer parts usually). Why do you ask? :)

• joecoulson
    Options
    How about I pay for shipping ($75) of the CD player that Drew is sending which is insured
  • Clipdat
    edited June 2019
    Options
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Very Cool Micah! offer is still open if you would like me to cover shipping for you
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Actually it's done
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Very Cool Micah! offer is still open if you would like me to cover shipping for you

Did I not reply to that!?! Thanks so much for the offer, but I wanted to at least pay for the shipping on this guy. It does mean a lot to me! All of the help from you guys means a lot! :)
    Actually it's done

Uh oh, in that case, Drew now has $150... :D We'll have to get that sorted out. :)

I've gotten a bit more listening in on this guy, now using it as a DAC with my tablet and it sounds really really good! :)
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Drew give him back the $$
  • Clipdat
    Options
    It's too late, I already spent it on cable risers.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Is the Millennium Falcon coupled or uncoupled to the floor?
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Is the Millennium Falcon coupled or uncoupled to the floor?

Ah, it is coupled! If it wasn't the hyperdrive system would rattle and shake loose the ground for the turntable. :)