CD Madness (Needs to Go Away)

tophatjohnny
tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
edited June 2019 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hello all. This is a crazy (but awfully cool) opportunity for the right person. Only lised here and I am in no shape or form of in a rush, but this needs to happen. As some here know I have a massive digital music library ripped to my NAS and here are the more rare and harder to find cd's that public libraries, friends and family members just didn't have so into the pockek book I have been and in the neighborhood of $6500.00 real dollars later!! Hey, I always said and still say, "it's all about the music" so as not everyone is on that page I get it. I am not counting these but the new owner can and probably will because it's a lot and way too much and many to type out here or anywhere, hence $2500.00 real dollars takes the lot and if you make your way to Dayton Ohio to pick up I will include 3 nice rotating 4 sided towers that I have stacked in tower fourm. Too many CD's for the 3 towers so boxed up in a couple of boxes there's more. Some amazing music from some amazing artists that will not disappont the true lover of music. All in minty like new, (Never played/just ripped) condition. PM me with phone contact and best time to reach you if you think this may be for you. I will call and discuss titles and such until you say stop it and ask me for details as to how to make them yours.
Turst I had every intent to sell these off to recapture a lot more than I am settling for but as I am getting older, time is not on my side and that spending time of listing selling shipping, that same time can be spent raising my granddaughters (I have full custody of) and just time to enjoy the music and these little girls are like music to me too.

This is no joke and the collection of CD's I have accumulated is mind blowing cool. Let me know in PM forum and trust I will contact you. Thanks and this is to members here that have been here at least a year and are in good standing within our community.

Sad but will be happy to see someone here with this lot!!

THJ
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Hey Johnny how do you organize your music? Is there anyway to download an excel sheet of your library from your program? You are offering a great deal, but it’s still a lot of coin for most of us. I personally would need to know at least half of the contents of the library I am getting to know if it’s worth it to me.

Just a thought, and GLWS!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited June 2019

I would love an opportunity like this if the kids were out of the house and I had a room dedicated to make a music library. Ah well
    Good luck with it Johnny.
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2019
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Hey Johnny how do you organize your music? Is there anyway to download an excel sheet of your library from your program? You are offering a great deal, but it’s still a lot of coin for most of us. I personally would need to know at least half of the contents of the library I am getting to know if it’s worth it to me.

Just a thought, and GLWS!!!

PM WITH CONTACT INFO BEST TIME TO CALL AND GO FROM THERE. The truly interested person will have read this in my posting. Again I am in no rush and it is a great opportunity for someone either building a library , adding tougher CDs to come by to their digital collection and reselling for the real money. Oh I know it can be done. Is this you?? If so..PM me with contact info.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    If you decide the ship large lots of CDs such as "all Zappa" or "all jazz" or "all classical". (these are examples).....let me know.
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    Just trying to help here, if you have access to the drives via Windows you can setup a command line to export the title of artist\album (or however you organized them) so people can see what you have, and you can at least have a rough number without going through the physical media.
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2019
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    If you decide the ship large lots of CDs such as "all Zappa" or "all jazz" or "all classical". (these are examples).....let me know.

I'll ship one large lot and a to z there will be plenty of jewels in this lot. One lucky SOB will get the lot brother! Not messing with it any other way. Please, PM with contact info and happy to arrange a time to rattle off most or even all of it. This is for all who are in good standing here and have been around! Thanks again. BTW this is not for the classical listener. (although I love that too, that stuff is so available at local or world cat libraries and my collection is NOT at the libraries!! )
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    As a recipient of a FRACTION of Johnny's library, I can vouch that there are some REAL gems in his collection. If I had the space and the extra mad money to spare, I would be all over this AMAZING deal.

Good Luck with your sale Johnny.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Given that I would just be burning them all to hard drive myself, and having to look for a new home for them afterwards, I Think they need to go to someone that will put them to better use. I would not mind getting a copy of that NAS however. B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    I would not mind getting a copy of that NAS however. B)

Here’s where the real dough is. What say you THJ?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2019
    Can't u guys use the PM??😂😂🎩
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Here at Club Polk we don't condone piracy or copyright infringement. :)
  • nooshinjohn
    Can't u guys use the PM??😂😂🎩

Consider it a courtesy bump for a good deal. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Clipdat wrote: »
    7c49shycc8ob.jpg
    I can't stop making these!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    7c49shycc8ob.jpg
    I can't stop making these!

Is that, who I think it is? . . . A clean shaven Russ??
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Waaaahhhhhhhh
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    "BUTT Pirate, I did not Know Russ was" said Yoda....

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,493
    Dayton isn't really that far away...
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Arrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    I've bought quite a few CDs from Johnny great seller. If you need a lot of tunes this would be a deal for someone looking to build a collection perfect for the person lacking a big selection of music. I myself would probably get a lot of doubles not knowing what this library consists of. Good luck with the sale.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2019
    A little clarification folks. This lot is not Genre specific.
    These are selections that helped to round off my ongoing now close to 28 thousand album digital collection. Music not unknown to most of us but albums (in CD format) that your public libraries around the world just don't have and even those with.extensive CD collections probably do not have. A lot of rare pieces. Can't say it better than that and will add again that if you tried to duplicate this collection of physical media you probably couldn't do it for much less than $7 Grand. So although it is a lot of CDs it not a quantity purchase as much as it is a quality investment.
    I am a musician since 1964 so is this a lot any well rounded musician would love to own? ?? Oh yes it is.

Hope that helps as not to waste either your or my time.

** as a crazy bonus I am including a couple hundred + avg CDs just to clear out my home of physical music media. It doesn't get better folks! Promise that whoever gets this lot will be drooling.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Please consider these sold. Thanks
  • tophatjohnny
    Yes folks. This collection is sold and staying in the Polk Family. One bad whama jamma lot going going GONE.

Thanks Bon.

THJ
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Congrats Wagner!
  • tophatjohnny
    Yes folks. This collection is sold and staying in the Polk Family. One bad whama jamma lot going going GONE.

Thanks Bon.

THJ
    Sorry, I meant thanks Bob. was listening to some AC/DC in the backround while I was typing and Bon Scott was at the helm...or that darn letter N is too close to the B. Both are the case so had to clear that up... :)
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    congrats on a life time of listening...………………..
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Yep!

91guv2ap8k6j.jpg

Hey can we get this banned?!?!?
    I saw that and nearly jumped outta my seat!!
    Somebody need to put a mask on that ugly muthaf&%$#@!!! :p;)