A great article on a tremedous loss...

The Backlot Fire at Universal destroyed a bunch of Hollywood history, but I don't think we knew what a staggering loss it was until now...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/the-day-the-music-burned/ar-AACIbo2?ocid=spartandhp
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    WOW I had no idea that much was list.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    WOW!
    It's no wonder they didn't want just everyone knowing about this............
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    You would think something that valuable would have been kept in a more secure facility. Shame on them for allowing it to be taken away.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited June 2019
    Agreed.... when I worked the backlot there, I was sometimes stunned by the stuff they did. For a time, they had the General Lee and a couple BTTF DeLoreans, and scores of other highly prized tv and film cars rotting in the sun. Once the money has been made from much of this stuff, they just don’t care any more, and what is considered sacred by us as audio/videophiles has no value to them if it no longer sells. Instead, it just gets shoved into a warehouse in hopes that someday they can do something with it.

They do recognize the historical significance of what was lost, but the insurance companies likely paid them far more than they could have gotten from finding any use from those materials. I am stunned by the volume of what is gone, but not surprised in the least that greater care not taken to protect it. It’s all about the dollars, and properly caring for, archiving and storing for posterity would have cost more than a decades worth of movie production....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    That's Hollywood!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    So sad.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    I read this article a few days ago, and I am flabbergasted.

Never used that word before but this loss deserves a big word.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.