A great article on a tremedous loss...

The Backlot Fire at Universal destroyed a bunch of Hollywood history, but I don't think we knew what a staggering loss it was until now...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/the-day-the-music-burned/ar-AACIbo2?ocid=spartandhp
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

Comments

• erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,883
    WOW I had no idea that much was list.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 13,483
    Sickening
  • honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 2,424
    WOW!
    It's no wonder they didn't want just everyone knowing about this............
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,313
    You would think something that valuable would have been kept in a more secure facility. Shame on them for allowing it to be taken away.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,582
    edited June 11
    Agreed.... when I worked the backlot there, I was sometimes stunned by the stuff they did. For a time, they had the General Lee and a couple BTTF DeLoreans, and scores of other highly prized tv and film cars rotting in the sun. Once the money has been made from much of this stuff, they just don’t care any more, and what is considered sacred by us as audio/videophiles has no value to them if it no longer sells. Instead, it just gets shoved into a warehouse in hopes that someday they can do something with it.

They do recognize the historical significance of what was lost, but the insurance companies likely paid them far more than they could have gotten from finding any use from those materials. I am stunned by the volume of what is gone, but not surprised in the least that greater care not taken to protect it. It’s all about the dollars, and properly caring for, archiving and storing for posterity would have cost more than a decades worth of movie production....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,498
    That's Hollywood!
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 486
    So sad.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, HSU VTF-2 MK5, Signature S55, S30, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 555
    I read this article a few days ago, and I am flabbergasted.

Never used that word before but this loss deserves a big word.
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 486
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, HSU VTF-2 MK5, Signature S55, S30, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F.