I may have screwed up.

I was looking thru the schematics here "https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/55888/polk-audio-speaker-wiring-schematics-amp-more-stereo-dimensional-array-sda#latest" in an attempt to find the correct one for the SDA 2B "TL" MOD for 198 tweeters. There is none listed. When I looked before I think I got confused, easy for me to do with the meds I take and looked at the one for Pin/Blade instead of Blade/Blade and Blade/Blade are the ones I have. One piece circuit board marked 1987. So, does this mean no RD 0198 upgrade ? I sure hope not as I have the capacitors ( 5.8uF Sonicaps) and the RD 0198's ordered. Thanks.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Use the schematic for the CRS+ with hand written "SL3000 modification" at the bottom of the page.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,226
    That is the schematic I looked at and was going to use so I must have read something somewhere that lead me there. I think I did not understand and became confused when I saw that was a Pin/Blade schematic. As always you come to my aid Jesse, thanks again.
    F1nut wrote: »
    Use the schematic for the CRS+ with hand written "SL3000 modification" at the bottom of the page.

• F1nut
    If you add a white wire between the internal large blade and the negative binding post connections you will have the exact same crossover as the pin/blade crossover.

Important, make sure your SDA cable has separate wires for the small and large blade connections.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VSAT88
    My SDA was not included with the speakers. I made up one using your advice and Speakon connectors. I only hooked up one wire. Is that going to matter ? Do I need to connect/use two wires between the speakers using the Speakon connectors and add the white wire ?
    If you add a white wire between the internal large blade and the negative binding post connections you will have the exact same crossover as the pin/blade crossover.

Important, make sure your SDA cable has separate wires for the small and large blade connections.

• F1nut
    You can leave it as it is now, but if you ever want to use a Dreadnought you will need the second wire/connection.

President of Club Polk

• VSAT88
    I thought that might be the case. I really appreciate it, once again you saved the day.
    You can leave it as it is now, but if you ever want to use a Dreadnought you will need the second wire/connection.

• VSAT88

Look what I just found on my stored on my PC Jessie...See attached ..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481