Little Bear B4-X

Options
Irrenhaus
Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
Hi

Got this one yesterday from Nobsound. Sound is good and it has plenty of power for a portable 450mW, not much difference between balance and regular output. Battery should last a bit more than 4hrs.

I do like the DIY look it has and it also looks like a flask. Is all metal case looks like aluminum.

It has two mini RAYTHEON JAN5899 tubes. They only act as a buffer. Cool thing is you can swap OP Amp if you want to. This will be a good companion for my travels.

szn9yib8xg0v.jpeg

hs0dphxtk195.jpeg

oru0hko406c7.jpg

awbzfkv9nwrz.jpeg

m79j2kwl6eza.jpg

Cheers

HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Pretty rad!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    Options
    Very cool! I've been wanting to pick one of those up for portable use. I hear they sound really nice and actually sound "tubey".
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Options
    Dawgfish wrote: »
    Very cool! I've been wanting to pick one of those up for portable use. I hear they sound really nice and actually sound "tubey".

So far I like the sound. I will get some distortion if going too loud but that is on the IEM 425 and Marshalls those are 22ohm and 32ohm. Have not try yet the HD650 or the Meze.

But for $99.00 is not bad and I am sure will be a conversation piece at any airport bar or for TSA thinking I have a flask in my bag. The non-balance is only $69.00

HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    Options
    Good deal! Glad your enjoying those!