WTB: Auralic Aries Mini

pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,163
edited June 2019 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I am looking to buy an Auralic Aries Mini in excellent working and cosmetic condition. It would be nice if it also has the extenal power supply with it (although not a deal breaker if it does not). Please send me a pm with a note on condition, price, and some pics. Thanks.
Post edited by pglbook on

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Good luck with this search...these are really rare on the used market.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • pglbook
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Good luck with this search...these are really rare on the used market.

Thanks. I know they are hard to find on the used market but have my fingers crossed.

• pglbook
    edited June 2019

Thank you. I did check hifishark and the other usual sites (eBay, U.S. Audio Mart, Audiogon) and there is only one that I have seen for sale on those sites that is located in the U.S. (hifishark has a few European Sellers.) The one for sale is listed on both eBay and U.S. Audio Mart but the condition is not the best (scratches, spots) and the price seems a bit high. As rooftop said, they are rare to find on the used market.

Plus, my preference is to always buy from a trusted Polkie if possible,

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Looks like they were in a fire... who lets their gear get like tgat?
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • pglbook
    edited June 2019
    Looks like they were in a fire... who lets their gear get like tgat?

I know. It is a shame to see one that has been mistreated like that.

I actually sent a a message to that Seller earlier today and asked him about the scratches and spots and he told me that there were no scratches. That was hard to believe as the pics clearly show a lot of cosmetic issues. I then sent another message and asked him why the pics show cosmetic damage if he says the unit is like new. I also asked him for some other pics. And, as I suspected, I never heard from him again. I have a feeling he picked up the unit at an estate sale or something and is trying to flip it (I also had a few questions about the Mini and he was not able to answer them; it was as if he did not know anything about it). Caveat emptor!

• rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    I had been looking for second mini for awhile and gave up. At the price their asking for that used you may be better served to look for a used Cambridge Audio CXN .
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • pglbook
    edited June 2019
    I had been looking for second mini for awhile and gave up. At the price their asking for that used you may be better served to look for a used Cambridge Audio CXN .

Thanks. I know the Aries Mini is hard to find on the used market but what would be an average price one could expect to pay for a used standard model (w/out external linear psu)?

I was not aware of the Cambridge Audio CXN but will now look into it.

Any other suggestions on a good standalone streamer (w/out internal DAC) for under $1k?

I also noticed that there is an Auralic Aries (non-Mini, non-LE version) listed on Audiogon or US Audio Mart for $999 (Seller said he'd accept $900). Is the Aries that much better than the Aries Mini?

I recently bought a North Star Excelsio DAC and am looking for a good streamer. I am a total newbie to the digital world and am looking to get my feet wet w/out breaking the bank, ha.

Thanks again.

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    The femto clock in the aries i fell is better then the mini but the mini with a good power supply is darn good!.

Although on my mini, i added a w4s recovery ( femto clock) and it put it right there with the aries on usb.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I love mine... stuck in a 1tb SSD drive and use with a better DAC and welcome to Heaven! I take mine on the road any time i choose. I want a backup..not sure what I will ever replace it with ..

good luck in your Search Peter.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • pglbook
    edited June 2019
    voltz wrote: »
    I love mine... stuck in a 1tb SSD drive and use with a better DAC and welcome to Heaven! I take mine on the road any time i choose. I want a backup..not sure what I will ever replace it with ..

good luck in your Search Peter.

Thanks, Darryl. I appreciate it.

The Minis are very hard to find on the used market so I ended up getting an Aries (w/linear external psu) that was recently listed on Audiogon. I got a pretty good deal on it and it turns out the Seller was only a little over an hour away from me. I will pick it up this Friday.

I will pair it with my North Star Excelsio DAC. I still need to get a USB and digital coaxial cable so I probably won't be able to set it up until next weekend. I am still trying to figure out what length USB cable I should get to connect the Aries streamer to my DAC (.6m or 1m). I can go with the shorter length if the streamer can go on top of the DAC (which is dependent on if it will fit there and also if the DAC gets hot).

The digital music world is all new to me so hopefully it won't be too much of a challenge.
  • erniejade
    wireworld platinum usb or curious usb cable are my 2 faves right now. I run both in different things.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    See skip if you want the wireworld. It is my main usb cable for a couple of years now.
  • pglbook
    edited June 2019
    erniejade wrote: »
    See skip if you want the wireworld. It is my main usb cable for a couple of years now.

Thanks. Skip did recommend a couple of Wireworld cables. Unfortunately my cable budget is not very large after my recent purchases but I think the Wireworld Starlight 8 USB and digital coaxial cables should work w/in my budget.

I have not gotten the cables yet because I am trying to figure out the length for the USB cable (.6m would work if I can place the Aries streamer on top of my Excelsio DAC; otherwise I would need 1m). I do not know if the streamer will fit on top of the DAC and/or if the DAC gets hot and should not have anything on top of it. Thus, I am still researching cables and probably won't have everything set up until next weekend.

Thanks again.

• erniejade
    I have a Wireworld Starlight 7 as well. Darn good cable. I imagine the 8 is an improvement. Skip is right on the $ with your budget.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I may have a WW USB I could let you use for a while. Its laying around collecting dust. I'll check when I get home in the morning and PM with the details.
  • pglbook
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I may have a WW USB I could let you use for a while. Its laying around collecting dust. I'll check when I get home in the morning and PM with the details.

Sounds great. Thanks. I appreciate it.

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    kharp1 wrote: »

That one I sent ya with the drive?😂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Lol, I was cleaning up my cable stash the other day, and I swear I said out loud "why the f___ did you buy a Wireworld USB cable?" That was followed by "I don't remember buying this." Now I know.
  • tophatjohnny
    Ya know I love you brother.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    WTG to dudes! Polkies helping Polkies.

I have one but think Kerri has something you would really like Peter!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • tophatjohnny
    Congrats brother. You will have fun with it .