Polk PSW505 Red Light

Hello,
My subwoofer has recently stopped switching from red light to green light whenever I have it set to auto mode. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
Thanks,
Luke

Comments

• My amp is a Sony STR-770, all the other speakers in my system are Polks as well. Thanks!
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Does the sub play correctly when set to ON?
  • mdaudioguy
    Also, check your receiver settings to ensure it's actually sending a signal to the sub. Sometimes people accidently have the sub turned off in the settings. Also, if your receiver is not receiving a multi-channel signal, for example if your source is only outputting in stereo, then the receiver may not be sending a signal to your sub, so it remains in standby mode.
  • Hello!
    I have my receiver set to Dolby PLII MV so that it passes through the 5.1 signal directly from my PS4. I only have a PS4 hooked up to the receiver and use it for all my media. I have all my speakers set to Small and 80 Hz crossover, so my sub should be getting lots of signal
  • Also, I have tried setting to “ON” and still the Red Light. When I try the easy setup routine on the receiver I get no sound from the sub, so I know the receiver is trying to send it a signal
  • mdaudioguy
    Also, I have tried setting to “ON” and still the Red Light. When I try the easy setup routine on the receiver I get no sound from the sub, so I know the receiver is trying to send it a signal
    So, signal sensing is not the issue. Your sub's built-in amp is dead.
  • That doesn’t sound good. Any possible solutions? The sub is only 1.5 years old
  • mdaudioguy
    Uh-huh. Call Polk on Tuesday and ask.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Just for giggles unplug the sucker for 10 min then plug it back in, switch it to ON. Might help but it could be dead.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Don't believe a word I say, but this is what worked for me, friends:

While playing music, Receiver Sub Output = Yes, PSW505 On>>Unplugging LFE Cable switched light from Red to Green. High volume levels corresponded directly with frequency of Red flashes in solid Green light. Volume Knob Position 40-50% yielded transparent interior base.