Center channel for 2.3 TL

Options
13»

Comments

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    gmcman wrote: »
    Haven't been feeding it non-stop, so I agree that will extend any break in. Perhaps it does need more time...it's a large gap for it to overcome if that's the case but I've been through that before.

I did run a frequency sweep and it responds well from 30Hz on up.

Resurrecting this not too old thread. thread.......did you ever resolve any of the issues you were having with the LSIM 706c's? I am still looking at upgrading my CSI 400. I am so tempted to pull the trigger on some 706's but have reservations.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    edited May 2019
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    gmcman wrote: »
    Haven't been feeding it non-stop, so I agree that will extend any break in. Perhaps it does need more time...it's a large gap for it to overcome if that's the case but I've been through that before.

I did run a frequency sweep and it responds well from 30Hz on up.
    ]

did you ever resolve any of the issues you were having with the LSIM 706c's? I am still looking at upgrading my CSI 400. I am so tempted to pull the trigger on some 706's but have reservations.

Sorry, I saw your question and totally forgot to reply....my bad.

I like the 706C. I gave it some time and the more I listened to it....the sound became slightly more rich and deeper, but not by much.

I thought at first I was just getting used to the tonal characteristics of the 706C but after a few recent movies I was surprised how deep it started to dig and blended fairly well with the 2.3TL's.

I was used to the RT800/CS400 and heard them extensively...still have a CS400 on a different TV, but the 706C is a totally different animal.

The 706C doesn't disappear with the 2.3TL's...but does a pretty good job, good enough I decided to keep it. I'm also powering the 706C from a Marantz SR5012 and the 2.3TL's are powered from a McCormack DNA-1 through a HT bypass on the RLD-1 so there's a dynamic imbalance for lack of better terms...even though I used the Audessey.

The 706C is clear, very easy to pick up the slightest nuances in very good clarity, that's one of it's high points.

The 706C is also quite large, make sure you have the room for it.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    Yeah if it is that good at showing you the nuances and details, then likely what you might be hearing are the differences in the two different amps that you are using between the three front channels. I am willing to bet good money that the McCormack amp is far superior to the one in the Marantz. I would strongly recommend getting a good multichannel amp and evening up the playing field. I’ll also bet the 706c will do a much better disappearing act then.