LSiFX | sound from only one side?

Hi all.

I just picked up my first ever pair of Bipole/Dipole speakers. The label on the rear clearly indicates left and right, and I have placed them accordingly. I can only hear sound from one side of each speaker, and they are set to bipole.

Is this normal? Is one side of each speaker just radiators?

dspe1bg8d7ff.jpeg

Answers

• _nerd
    _nerd Posts: 54
    Disregard. Google fu brought me right back to this forum and found my answer. The woofers on each side have different crossover points. I’ll swap left & right speakers and see if I like that better. If I don’t, I’ll go back to LSi7 for surrounds.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    They are way too close together.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    F1nut wrote: »
    They are way too close together.

I agree, and if you can get them farther apart they will sound much better, more immersive. If you are like I have been for most of my life and have WAF and living area limitations that make that setup necessary, then rock on. Still FAR better than most people have...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • _nerd
    _nerd Posts: 54
    Thank you both. They’re kinda in the way where they are mounted, but I have nowhere else to place them )=

Hopefully we move into a house in the coming months and this becomes a non issue. They sound terrific on DTS-HD movies but I can tell the majority of the sound from these speakers is being directed away from my seating position. I would much prefer to swap those speakers around so the sound is directed at me lol.